Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The corrected amount of 42,xxx would still be the 4th highest sales year.

I wonder how much availability played a part?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Ridgeline was only 14 trucks behind GMC for the month of July. I'm doing my part to get another one on the road so people can see it. Supply does still appear to be very limited at the moment for specific trim/color options. Looks like mine is 3-4 weeks away from delivery.

·
Administrator
16,008 Posts
The 2006 Ridgeline sold 3,875 units its first full month - a level sustained for about 3 years until sales tanked around the recession and never recovered.
The 2017 Ridgeline sold 3,518 units its first full month - a slower start compared to the 2006, but within reality of Honda's hopes to sell 50,000 annually.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
I, for one, am waiting until there is a little more supply out there, so that dealers will stop asking goofy prices.

I suspect this truck will be a big seller once people start seeing a lot more of it. I think, in particular, it will be a hit among women. Why? Because men typically buy a vehicle based on passion/emotion, whereas women tend to be more practical when shopping for something like a pickup truck. And there is a huge untapped market for women looking for pickup trucks. And the Ridgeline is not nearly as intimidating as a typical pickup truck.

Honda would do well to advertise this truck in some of the women's magazines. I think it would be well-placed in Real Simple magazine, also.

·
Administrator
16,008 Posts
I, for one, am waiting until there is a little more supply out there, so that dealers will stop asking goofy prices.

I suspect this truck will be a big seller once people start seeing a lot more of it. I think, in particular, it will be a hit among women. Why? Because men typically buy a vehicle based on passion/emotion, whereas women tend to be more practical when shopping for something like a pickup truck. And there is a huge untapped market for women looking for pickup trucks. And the Ridgeline is not nearly as intimidating as a typical pickup truck.

Honda would do well to advertise this truck in some of the women's magazines. I think it would be well-placed in Real Simple magazine, also.
I think you're serious, but you may be kidding. Either way, my mom would love to have one of these. Dad just has an incurable case of acute Chevrolitis.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I agree that sales may improve as more are out there. The average buyer very likely has no idea that a new RL exists, much less what it looks like. Certainly no one I have talked to about mine knew they were out there except for one G1 owner....

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
If its just an interest in numbers who cares about sales numbers as long as its a good vehicle. Unless one goes by them and afraid of a bad purchase or investment.

·
Registered
973 Posts
As a buyer I do not care much about the sales numbers except that if they were too low it might become an orphan before it's time which could have some impact on people who have bought one. That is pretty unlikely, however.

Mainly it is unrelated to a buying decision, at least for me. That is not to say it is of no interest at all. It is simply interesting to know if others share your interest in a product and how successful that product might become. It is a lot like looking at the box office numbers for a movie you saw and liked. Not the least important personally but still interesting.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Looks like actual sold in July is 3,518. The 5,992 is year to date sold.
I think this needs to be placed in context. As far as I know there were no actual sales until Jun 18. In that case, year to date in this case is 44 days. 5992 / 44 = 136. 136 * 365 = 49,640 per year.

Even so, I'm not sure what this means considering that demand seems to have outstripped supply. My sense is there were more people wanting to buy (or at least willing to buy above MSRP) than trucks available. Hard to tell how the trucks would sell in a market in which they were freely available in numbers that met or exceeded demand.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
I think you're serious, but you may be kidding. Either way, my mom would love to have one of these. Dad just has an incurable case of acute Chevrolitis.
Oh, I am serious! My wife loves the truck. Several on here have mentioned their wives love it, or at least don't feel intimidated by it. I think most women aren't aware of it yet; in contrast, we here tend to be automotive hobbyists and typically more aware of current/new models.

Most men "think" they need a BOF rough-rider for it to be a real truck, but we know better. Ridgeline is a truck chosen by more sensible men (and women), IMO.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Most men "think" they need a BOF rough-rider for it to be a real truck, but we know better. Ridgeline is a truck chosen by more sensible men (and women), IMO.
What happened here with any Gen1 owners for years that thought the same but now are thrown under the rug just because of a post that some Gen2 owners or FUTURE owners dont like. And MOST new owners dont have a clue whats going on with this new truck from what I read.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Oh, I am serious! My wife loves the truck. Several on here have mentioned their wives love it, or at least don't feel intimidated by it. I think most women aren't aware of it yet; in contrast, we here tend to be automotive hobbyists and typically more aware of current/new models.

Age would help, lots of women drivin Gen1s here. Havent seen a Gen 2 yet on the road.

·
Registered
73 Posts
On a side note...

Granted the new half ton Titan will be out shortly, but interesting to see how bad the Titan XD is doing. Nissan just can't get it right....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts