Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to be brief here-
Right before Christmas I got backed into as I was leaving a parking lot ,driver hit both passenger side doors and also into the quarter panel. The drivers insurance co cut me a check to take my Ridge to any body shop for the repair work. Being resourceful (and cheap), I decided I'd just replace the pass front door myself and buff out the rear door and qtr panel area (only the front door was dented, the others were just scraped.) My Ridgeline is Crystal Black Pearl but when I looked at the local salvage yards all I could find were older doors in Nighthawk Black Pearl (and one Tuxedo Black one). So, I figured what the heck, I'll buy and use a Nighthawk one and the worse case , I can have the door painted if the colors don't match up well. I swapped the door out and truly cannot tell they are different color blacks unless I actually shine a bright light onto the two doors together and see the blue vs silver flecks of the two pearls, and I have a pretty critical eye with this kinda stuff. In direct sunlight, fluorescent, night time parking lot lights, etc you really cannot tell its a different color door. I know they are different pearls (my first Ridge was a Nighthawk Black one) but passing this info on if someone may be in a similar situation and looking at swapping panels between the two dif blacks as I was beyond pleasantly surprised that it matched way better than I'd expected.
Here's a pic if curious-the front door is the Nighthawk Black one, the rest of the truck is Crystal Black Pearl (including the front door handle and the side mirror which I had to swap from my original door)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow, we have zero RL's in our local yards...you found two, and both black! That's luck!
Actually, I found way more than two, I'm in the San Diego area and we have a huge area of wrecking yards down by the border- also as an FYI , you can do a search for most any salvage parts and sort by distance on this site, am sure there are others as well online this is just the one I used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a very critical eye for color match. I think you ended up with a better match than you ever would have gotten with new paint. Do you mind sharing the before photo? Love your rig.

·
Registered
2007 RTL Steel Blue
420 Posts
,Actually I found way more then two, Im in the San Diego area and we have a huge area of wrecking yards down by the border- also as FYI you can do a google search for most any salvage parts and sort by distance on this site, am sure theres others as well

Right on. Im in nor cal, have always wanted the factory fog light set up. Never see any RL's tho. in our yards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts