Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing real important but just wanted to say that myself and the family just drove back and forth from FL to MA and the Ridgeline ran awesome! Got one day of snow and it got subjected to a little road salt but nothing crazy.

Best mileage I got out of a tank of gas was 402 miles, the yellow light had just came on at that point. Wasn't my intention to run it that low but just kind of happened. If I had to guess I would say I averaged 21.5 miles per gallon at an average speed of 75 mph.

Got home, changes the oil, oil filter, air filter and cabin filter. And cleaned and detailed the he** out of it, inside, outside, an underside.

Now at 121k miles and running strong.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I am only getting 17.5 mpg if I am going 78mph. Wonder what the problem is?
My experience is similar to yours. I have never managed to exceed 20mpg when exceeding 70mph avg. Best highway mileage seems to be between 45mph and the mid to high 50's mph and begins to trail off from there. Mine drops precipitously when exceeding 70mph. Add a trailer? 9-12 mpg depending on speed.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
18 to 19 regularly and at least two 20 to 21 all hwy durin the summer with ac or without 87 oct. The warmer the outside temps the better. No pullin but around 300 to 400lbs in the box. Winter I dont bother lookin to many warmups and crap fuel. Just replaced my 5.5 year old battery yesterday cause was startin to crank very slow, weak,
and next week is goin to be cold. Didnt get any of the glitches that the RL does just before the battery is toast been there done that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am only getting 17.5 mpg if I am going 78mph. Wonder what the problem is?

Mine is the same as yours day to day, part local driving part highway. My 21.5 was all highway driving.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
18 to 19 regularly and at least two 20 to 21 all hwy durin the summer with ac or without 87 oct. The warmer the outside temps the better. No pullin but around 300 to 400lbs in the box. Winter I dont bother lookin to many warmups and crap fuel. Just replaced my 5.5 year old battery yesterday cause was startin to crank very slow, weak,

and next week is goin to be cold. Didnt get any of the glitches that the RL does just before the battery is toast been there done that.

Curious, what are the glitches you mention when the battery is getting ready to quit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Ever watch the Predator movie, the gauge cluster flashes weird stuff like on the forearm of the alien at the end plus lots of clickin and dim lights if any. This time my interior lights when opening the door were gettin dim and had a weak crank start up so changed it out before im stuck some where. Battery changed and all is good.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ever watch the Predator movie, the gauge cluster flashes weird stuff like on the forearm of the alien at the end plus lots of clickin and dim lights if any. This time my interior lights when opening the door were gettin dim and had a weak crank start up so changed it out before im stuck some where. Battery changed and all is good.

Got it thanks, Predator analogy awesome!

Hope your winter continues to be mild.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,376 Posts
That like the best explanation ever, Love it NORTHERN!!!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Just drove to FL on 12/19 and back to NH on 1/2. Non stop both ways except for gas and pee....and about a 1 hour nap. MPG on return was 21.1. Almost never got below 70, and many times caught myself over 80. Tried to stay right about 75. Happy with the mileage and the comfort of the Ridgeline. Best vehicle I ever owned,

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Well I just had the Predator chime in, Christmas all over again.... couple weeks ago it was a bit sluggish starting so I charged it and it seemed to be Ok, went to post office not far away and when I went to start it the Predator did it's thing, jumped started and went to dealer, almost to the day 5 years on battery, got a new Honda battery for good price and now have another 5 years before the Predator strikes again....

·
Registered
726 Posts
Next month I'll be doing the opposite, from MA to FL except we don't have the patience or time to drive 2900 miles. It was $1600 for 4 plane tickets which is about the same as the cost to drive 2900 miles at the IRS mileage rate. No brainer since we are going to Disney and won't need to rent a car :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts