Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

Found this forum helpful as I was researching Ridgelines I was considering purchasing. Just purchased an 07 Ridgeline RTX w/ 94K miles for about 14K out the door.

Any preventative maintenance I should do as an initial matter before putting any serious milage on it? Dealership did standard items, like the airbag recall and oil change, but I don't think they did much else.

I expect that the timing belt will need replacing soon, unless I can tell if it has already been done (couldn't see any indication when I looked under the hood, but admit I don't really know what I'm looking for). Dealership couldn't confirm whether timing belt was done and it wasn't listed on the carfax, but I'm finding maintenance history is hit and miss on Carfax reports.

Anyway, I'd like to get at least another 100K out of this truck with no major headaches - so besides regular oil changes and Tender Loving Care, any suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Hmmm, looks like you bought an 07 then turned around and bought an 08. Must be neat to have both an 07 and an 08.

I sure do like my 08. I like it so well I don't need to buy one of the gen 2's until next year. 'Hope you like both yours.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,670 Posts
Zena, I suggest you make that request under Forums/HOnda Ridgeline/First generation or Forums/Honda Ridgeline/Misc.

You should get some good feedback on catch-up maintenance suggestions and things to do.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,286 Posts
Congrats on your "New to you, G1"

Welcome to the ROC.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts