Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone - New to the Forum.

Just purchased an 2007 w/ 94K miles. Looking for suggested preventative maintenance besides the timing belt that I should take to increase my odds of getting another 100K headache free miles out of the truck. Planning to do the timing belt and other maintenance within the next 3 months as $ is a little tight as funds just went to purchasing the truck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congrats on the RL- just bought an 06 with 82k back in August, myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats. I'm the same bought my 06 in march with 120k on it. After the timing you should replace the radiator with a none OEM brand. Spectar I believe is one of the better ones. Radiator connections at the bottom for the transmission can rust out and failure can destroy a transmission quickly. I would check and replace the pcv valve if it is not working properly. This will reduce oil seal failure and I think it is also to blame for the cylinder 4 issue some ridgeline's experience. I put in an oil catch can just to be safe. Other than that just do a full fluid change on both centre, rear differentials and transmission. You should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I agree with Gerthebear. Timing belt waterpump OEM, All fluids, but with OEM fluids

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Everyone - appreciate the suggestions!

Loving the truck so far - but it appears that I have the dreaded radio light issue. Know there's a thread on here about a repair, but weighing whether to try the repair or just replace the headunit with one with bluetooth built in.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
weighing whether to try the repair or just replace the headunit with one with bluetooth built in.
The HU in my new 2006 RTL was already obsolete when I bought it.(#@$)

Get out of the 1990's and spend the repair money on a new up to date HU.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mine has the light issue as well. I'm going to attempt to repair it myself and then when I screw it up, I'll shop for a new one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The HU in my new 2006 RTL was already obsolete when I bought it.(#@$)

Get out of the 1990's and spend the repair money on a new up to date HU.

Did you loose any functionality when you replaced the headunit. I've read that you can loose the use of the factory subwoofer if you replace the headunit, but not sure whether that's a deal breaker on getting a new headunit.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the sub - it seems like everything else has a fix (e.g. Steering wheel controls)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Did you loose any functionality when you replaced the headunit. I've read that you can loose the use of the factory subwoofer if you replace the headunit, but not sure whether that's a deal breaker on getting a new headunit.
That's true. In my case, I installed a Pioneer HU where you can dedicate one of the rear speaker wires to power the factory subwoofer. You do lose the rr speakers but in the RL the rr spkers were minimally effective anyway.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have been looking to replace the head unit in my 2010 RTL. When I went to the stereo shop he suggested I use a Pioneer or Panasonic I'm not sure of the name at the moment. I also said that I wanted to keep my subwoofer and my steering wheel controls. He said no problem on the subwoofer you just have to install a small amp to power it. He also said you could keep the steering wheel controls but there's another module that you would have to add to the system. As of yet I have not gotten the complete quote from him but it does look like it it is a doable project

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
The Boss CE200M amp is one of the least expensive options for keep the SUB with and aftermarket HU. See here...

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...g-stock-sub-new-radio-hu-boss-ce200m-amp.html

There are a couple of steering wheel control modules that allow you to keep steering wheel controls. The PAC SWI is a pain to program. Axxess Aswc self programs. With proper installation results are equal. Idatalink has an option that will allow gauges in addition to steering wheel control.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...233-kenwood-excelon-dnx893s-hu-install-4.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed an aftermarket radio with a backup camera. I also replaced the tweeters and 4 speakers in the doors. Kept the factory subwoofer. Wired it up to the Boss CE200M amp Heli mentions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats @ZenaOliver, I’m in same boat. I’m picking my up 2007 RTL today w/ 94k miles as well.

I’m looking to put in a new HU. Crutchfield as some units and they also have an added package that includes cables to have Steering Wheel functionality. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Zena, Im in the market for a used Ridgeline as well...I see prices all over the map and not sure whats fair market value or just too high.

Most Ridgelines in Florida are going for over book value. Any advice?

Craig

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
I'm surprised we don't see more sales between members of the ROC. Maybe if you list what you are looking for (Model / year) you might get one here?

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
933 Posts
Congrats. One area to look is the radiator. The fittings for the transmission lines are a known weak spot, replacing w an aftermarket unit might be prudent. Besides consider the timing belt, water pump etc. at some point the valves will need to be adjusted and the spark plugs replaced. Try to use all Honda fuids, only the engine oil and transaxle don’t require oem fluids.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Congrats. One area to look is the radiator. The fittings for the transmission lines are a known weak spot, replacing w an aftermarket unit might be prudent. Besides consider the timing belt, water pump etc. at some point the valves will need to be adjusted and the spark plugs replaced. Try to use all Honda fuids, only the engine oil and transaxle don’t require oem fluids.
Not sure what you mean by transaxle. But if that means transmission, then Only use Honda trans fluid. The transfer case, use what ever brand you want. Honda does have a fluid for it, that is (supposed) to help fuel milege. Who knows. The rear diff is also a only OEM fluid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts