Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who knows how well my windshield wipers work? Every night I get in the truck and go to turn on the headlights the windshield wipers comes on instead, and for a second I feel like an idiot. That switching the headlights to the dash board instead of the steering stalk gets me every time. The dander of owning 5 othe Honda models!!!!!!!!

Gonzo

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dam! I hate reading my own posts after hitting the submit button, I know thats why they created spell checker for engineers like myself!!!!!

Gonzo

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nope you are not the only one. I'm finally just reaching for it instead actually turning ON the wipers. I figure another month and I'll be conditioned like Pavlov's dog.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have turned on the wipers as well. I also have mastered turning on my headlights with my knee without trying. I am getting better, however.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it possible to leave the headlights on all the time and let the automatic off turn them off? Would the headlights then come on with the ignition?

This is what I was planning on doing since there is no auto "on" like my old bonneville. Honda is really behind the times for as much as this truck costs.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Ravishol said:
Is it possible to leave the headlights on all the time and let the automatic off turn them off? Would the headlights then come on with the ignition?

This is what I was planning on doing since there is no auto "on" like my old bonneville. Honda is really behind the times for as much as this truck costs.
Yep, should work fine doing that. You'll have to adjust your dash brightness to the maximum indent during the day and down at night but other than than it's no problem.

·
Registered
536 Posts
... although the headlights will turn off when you lock the car they still chime as you are getting out.

I find this very strange, why have the chime to remind you to you to turn the lights off if the lights turn off on thier own???

I would like to see DRL in the USA. I asked the dealer about it and the parts dept gave me some song and dance about DRL being illegal in the USA (ya right)

(Richfield Bloomington Honda in MN)

·
Registered
23 Posts
You'll have to adjust your dash brightness to the maximum indent during the day and down at night but other than than it's no problem.
I think I would have to do this anyway or is there somthing I am missing?

I find this very strange, why have the chime to remind you to you to turn the lights off if the lights turn off on thier own???
That is strange. The chime is for keys in the ignition, the rear window and the lights, Can you turn it off for just the lights on?

Between this and the door locks, Honda has some strange quirks for a car that costs 35k.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Whaleya,

I too would like to see DRL in the Ridgeline, I have become used to it driving my chevy over the past 9 years.
However all is not lost, go back in this forum, or do a search, and you will find a link to a supplier to add it.
I believe this is the same company that suppleis Honda for teh Canadian models which all have it by law, I had gotten thier name by calling a Canadian dealer. It might be Hamsar.

Whaleya said:
... although the headlights will turn off when you lock the car they still chime as you are getting out.

I would like to see DRL in the USA. I asked the dealer about it and the parts dept gave me some song and dance about DRL being illegal in the USA (ya right)

(Richfield Bloomington Honda in MN)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Yup I too have been turning on my wipers when I want to turn on the lights. After two weeks with the truck, I 'm slowly getting accustomed to the new setup. I'll figure it out...just give me time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep, I have been doing the same thing, turning on the wipers instead of the lights. However, I remember haveing more trouble when the light switch was moved to the colum on cars, it was hard getting used to the high/low switch not being on the floorboad. Seems no matter where you get used to controls beeing located on a car someone decided to move them :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I remember the pain it was when Ford put the horn on the turn signal stalk in the 80's. Geeee.....I know there are some fools I still want to go back to and honk my horn. All I could do was smack my hand on the steering wheel like some 2 year old asking mommy for more milk.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
After six straight years of driving a standard, I'm still trying to quit reaching for the stick shift :)

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
yeah, the dead pedal is getting a workout.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Speaking of the dead-pedal... anyone else have a loose or popping sound coming from one when pressure is applied? I'm taking it in for some accessories to be applied next week and this is the only problem I have found so far. Steering wheel is quiet, not much wind noise, of course I'm used to driving the S2000 - lots of wind noise.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts