Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my Ridgeline for a great price a few days ago with 170k miles on it and it drives like a dream! This is my first truck so I'd like to make it look nice. However, there's a few things I need to buy for it and I was hoping I could get some help here. So thank you in advance.
So the second handle that opens the tailgate to the side is completely missing when I bought it. I don't even know what to search in google or CarId to find this replacement. I'm assuming its an easy fix.
The rest of the things I'm looking for are more for looks and luxury, such as black rims, black emblem replacements for the outside and steering wheel, LED lighting for the bed and the interior, and leather seat covers since I have fabric and the previous owners stained it quite a bit. I'll try to clean it as much as possible, but I still love the look of brown/black leather seats. If any of you have any recommendations for those as well that would be amazing. I'll also take any other recommendations to make my truck look nice. The color is white and I'm going for black accents and maybe mint accents as well for the interior.

I also have an issue where the roof fabric liner is sagging completely. I can't afford someone to fix it for me unfortunately, so any tips is greatly appreciated to make it look like new.

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
2013 Sport
628 Posts
So this is the first time I've heard of the side open handle being missing or broken. Because the truck is new to you, I have to ask, are you sure it is not there?

Regarding the headliner, removal/replacement requires some time and patience given the number of interior body panels involved, but it is definitely a doable DIY project. I don't know how much the new headliner panel would cost but it might be worth looking into.

Depending on the nature of the stains on your cloth seats you may be surprised at how well they can clean up. One annoying issue with the fabric Honda used is that if the seats get wet they will dry to show a white water "stain" consisting of whatever impurities were in the water. Find a good warm day that you don't need to go anywhere, scrub the entire fabric (to include the head rests) with a wet towel and let it dry. When I remember to pick it up at the store, I'll grab a gallon of distilled water for this purpose as it will be free of any impurities. Regarding leather seat covers, Clazzio covers are well reviewed and have the requisite panels for the side impact airbags.

Finally, welcome. After putting 240k miles on an '07 and roughly 110k on my '13, I think you'll enjoy your new ride.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So this is the first time I've heard of the side open handle being missing or broken. Because the truck is new to you, I have to ask, are you sure it is not there?

Regarding the headliner, removal/replacement requires some time and patience given the number of interior body panels involved, but it is definitely a doable DIY project. I don't know how much the new headliner panel would cost but it might be worth looking into.

Depending on the nature of the stains on your cloth seats you may be surprised at how well they can clean up. One annoying issue with the fabric Honda used is that if the seats get wet they will dry to show a white water "stain" consisting of whatever impurities were in the water. Find a good warm day that you don't need to go anywhere, scrub the entire fabric (to include the head rests) with a wet towel and let it dry. When I remember to pick it up at the store, I'll grab a gallon of distilled water for this purpose as it will be free of any impurities. Regarding leather seat covers, Clazzio covers are well reviewed and have the requisite panels for the side impact airbags.

Finally, welcome. After putting 240k miles on an '07 and roughly 110k on my '13, I think you'll enjoy your new ride.
Yeah unfortunately the handle is completely missing. I couldn't find anything on google about it either. I don't know if the previous owners removed it or something but it was one of the first things they pointed out when we were going over the truck:( Its strange! Would I have to get a new tailgate?

Also I'll definitely be cleaning the seats this weekend and looking into the Clazzio covers. Thank you so much!:)

·
Registered
2013 Sport
628 Posts
I'd imagine you should be able to open up the tailgate, use the internals to open it in swing mode, and investigate what is actually missing. From there the good folks at your local Honda parts counter will be your new best friends. This you tube video covers how to disassemble the tailgate to access the internals.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did my headliner in 2019. You'll find a few you tube videos. Mine is gray. Got it off amazon along with adhesive.
Permatex 27828 Headliner Adhesive
Headliner fabric

You have to remove the old rotten foam. Rubbing the old foam off with a textured rubber gloves worked very well and is easy on the headliner backing.
textured rubber gloves

The trickiest area for installing the new headliner was around the map light area also I trimmed a bit close in the corners of the sun roof.

If you haven't done a headliner I would recommend practicing stretching and gluing some scrap headliner material over something.

·
Registered
2006 Ridgeline
1 Posts
I'd imagine you should be able to open up the tailgate, use the internals to open it in swing mode, and investigate what is actually missing. From there the good folks at your local Honda parts counter will be your new best friends. This you tube video covers how to disassemble the tailgate to access the internals.
I have been driving my Ridgeline since 2007. Last fall I had a problem with my flip down latch not working (the tailgate swing out latch worked fine). I took the tailgate apart much as is shown in the video. The mechanism inside was covered in dust that had grease in it - plugged up and not functioning. (I drive on gravel roads). In fact it looked much like the mechanism in the video (not healthy). I took it to a car wash and blasted it with hot water and got it good and clean. Then I used a quality penetrating oil on all joints. Then wiped it well with rags and let it sit, and wiped it again after a few hours to take away the excess oil. Then I used lithium grease on all the main joins. After that it worked fine. TLC goes a long way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts