Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Silver RTL with Navi last week! This is my first truck and I couldn't be happier. This was especially true when I went to Home Depot on Saturday and a guy walked right over to me and asked me all about it! He showed me his 2 month old Chevy Silverado and said, "This is a piece of junk, I wish I bought the Honda!" That's right, baby!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the site and the owners club. Congratulations on your new truck.

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the world of the Honda Ridgeline. We're glad you're here.
Enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Motiondoc said:
I just picked up my Silver RTL with Navi last week! This is my first truck and I couldn't be happier. This was especially true when I went to Home Depot on Saturday and a guy walked right over to me and asked me all about it! He showed me his 2 month old Chevy Silverado and said, "This is a piece of junk, I wish I bought the Honda!" That's right, baby!
LOL.......LOL...i can "hear" your excitement when reading your email...... :D
welcome aboard. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
You're going to love your new truck! One piece of advice: get ready for a lot of attention. You will feel like a celebrity driving around town. Nobody has asked for my autograph yet, but they do want to sit inside my new ride and check it out. You gotta love it!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Motiondoc said:
He showed me his 2 month old Chevy Silverado and said, "This is a piece of junk, I wish I bought the Honda!"
Having suffered through a week with a Chevy Silverado while my Ridgeline was in the shop, I will back up that statement. :) I drove exclusively Chevy trucks for years, then a Ford, now a Honda.

·
Registered
46 Posts
good luck and enjoy :cool:

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's shame American vehicles are sub par. The ridgeline is awesome. I expect it to go 200k+ miles with minimal problems. I would not expect the same from a Chevy or Ford. After75-100k they are considered junk. Plus they will lose value much quicker that the ridgeline.

You will definetly get alot of attention at red lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for responding everyone! What a great site / forum!! This forum had a lot to do with my purchase. You see my wife needed a little nudge - a little "ridge," if you will. So she and I read a lot of the posts - maybe too many - I was driving her crazy! But she came around and now she may need surgery to get the smile off her face! Thanks!
And by the way ... you really can put a mountain bike behind the front seats and close the doors (pretty impressive, considereing I also had my daughters car seat attached too)!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Motiondoc:

You'll learn there are lots of impressive things about your new truck. I've had mine since March. With 2300 miles on the odometer, I can attest that this beauty will get even more impressive as you rack up the miles. I'm amazed at how much smoother the engine and transmission are now that they are broken in. While life is never perfect, I can say that I am absolutely thrilled to be driving a Ridgeline. I'm sure you will be too :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts