Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELLO,
I just picked up my Ridgeline then I found this site. I spent an hour looking at the different features that I did not know about on this site. This is the first truck I have ever owned and the first vehicle that I am interested in knowing more about.

Tried to attach picture but cant get it to work.

Saw picutes of the concent truck and wanted to know if anyone has seen the black fender flares for sale-- thay are not listed on the Honda site but the pictures on the ROC home page show a green truck with black fender flares. I have a white RT and I would be interested in getting the black ones for my truck. Anyone got them?? If so where are they from?? I have asked the dealer and he has not given me an answer yet.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard kdogofjtown! You're going to like it here! Congratulations on your new ride. As to posting pictures, scroll down below the box where you type the text of your post to "Attach Files" and click on "Manage Attachments". That is where you need to search for and locate the file on your computer for the picture that you want to post. You may need to re-size pictures. There is a very easy way to do it using Microsoft's free download of Powertoys that ROC member TUX posted a link to. Here is a copy of that link http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx I use it now and it is simple, safe, and easy. I also recommend that you visit and poke around in the "Greetings and Introductions" forum on the bottom of the main ROC home page.

A few questions for you. How did you find us? Did your dealer know about us? I am just outside of State College, also in the snowy mountains of PA, and you? If you prefer not to list your actual town, you can send me a private message if you care to. It's nothing more than curiosity on my part.

Once again, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried it again- must be something I am doing wrong with the pictures.

My truck actually came from a Harrisburg dealer - I am in Johnstown PA.

I found this site when I did a google search for Ridgeline looking for info on fender flares since the winter road treatments kick up plenty of stuff I would rather keep off the paint.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hi kdogofjtown, Welcome to the family! Your RT is one of the fancier ones. looks great with the fog lights and optional grill. Do you have further plans for you new ride?:p

·
Registered
333 Posts
kdogofjtown said:
I voted for white.

Tried the picture again. This time it worked.
Nicely done!
Looks like you are one optional grill ahead of me. Did you get the hitch?
I'm working on pinstripes.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the grill, fog lights, tow package (even though I have nothing to tow), the security system, the underseat storage tray, and the interior metallic trim as options- all of which the dealer included in the sticker price which was below what I expected to pay. Love the truck and I am enjoying the looks that I get taking it to the store. I am also enjoying this site since I have learned much more about the truck that I expected. My dealer did a good job showing me features (he had his for a while). My next plan would be getting black fender flares.

·
Registered
333 Posts
kdogofjtown said:
I got the grill, fog lights, tow package (even though I have nothing to tow), the security system, the underseat storage tray, and the interior metallic trim as options-
Just the tow pkg and fog lights for me.... so far! Can you explain to me what the security system provides beyond the standard RT anti-theft? While I was talking myself into the RT vs the upper models, I noticed that 'security system' was one of the features I wasn't getting. And I think I have seen it as an accessory to be added. I guess that's what you did?

What's the difference?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
King Dog of J Town, welcome. Where is J Town:D

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
farmguy said:
Just the tow pkg and fog lights for me.... so far! Can you explain to me what the security system provides beyond the standard RT anti-theft? While I was talking myself into the RT vs the upper models, I noticed that 'security system' was one of the features I wasn't getting. And I think I have seen it as an accessory to be added. I guess that's what you did?

What's the difference?
I believe the security system is the actual alarm that goes off whenever someone opens the door, etc after it's been locked with the fob. There is a red LED on the driver's door by the lock (visible from outside the truck) that flashes when armed. I believe the RT only has the chip in the key that kills the fuel pump, not the alarm.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
farmguy said:

What's the difference?
The Ridgeline fact sheet on the Honda web site stated that the RT does not come with a security system. My car insurance is slightly cheaper if the car has an alarm system. RT apparently has a chip in the key to prevent engine start unless using the key. Taken from the Honda site itself-the security package adds:

"Detection sensors sound the alarm if the door or In-Bed Trunk™ is disturbed, and if any glass is broken
Alarm does not sound if tailgate is opened
Remote control operation lets you lock or unlock the truck, and arm or disarm the security system, from a distance
Door-ajar warning: If any door or trunk is not closed properly, horn will sound three times and the system will not arm
Power interrupt protection: If system is armed and then battery is disconnected, when power is restored, system will be armed
System status verification confirms the system is armed by flashing the parking lights and briefly sounding the horn
Passive operation: if you select it, the system is automatically armed and the doors locked 20 seconds after the last door is closed
Flashing L.E.D. status light is in clear view to warn that the security system is armed
Auto rearm automatically rearms any door that has been unlocked within 30 seconds, when no doors have been opened
"

Because I got this feature my car insurance is slightly less per month.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts