Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just had the metallic interior trim kit installed on my RTS today. It takes a bit of getting used to since I had grown very accustomed to the textured look of the driver's dash area on the default configuration. I bought the kit when I purchased the car but the dealership had to order it, and I couldn't find time to go back until today (you know, that pesky job to pay for the truck deal). All in all, I really like the clean look and contrast provided (especially the door panel components that match the grab handles). Like I said, I'm still getting used to the dash piece, but I would recommend this option for anyone looking to add a bit of pizzaz to their interior. It's definitely not a must-have (but then again, what is?). I was at the dealership a little more than an hour from start to finish (of course, I used it as an excuse to "work from home" :D).

Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Is this the factory kit or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Can you take some snapshots from the backseat for us?

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I like mine also. Just wish I had added the back up sensors or the rear view camera. I'll get it either this Christmas or after tax season.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Please have a passenger watch to see if it adds any reflection on the windshield. I like the look of the dash kit. I take a lot of photos from the passenger's seat while we're driving so I'm very conscious of reflection and glare. We are probably getting the dash cover for it as soon as one is made for the RL, though the dash glare is minimal. It's more noticeable at some angles of sunlight.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to not reply in a timely manner. This is the Honda interior trim kit. I will take pictures and post later today.

Truckin' - next time my gf is in the car, which is often, I'll have her check it out for glare and report back.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ridgeline Metallic Interior Trim
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
Install Details:
- Cleaned area with rubbing alchohl
- Pulled backs off adhesive tap
- Stuck into place, centering button, dials, and cup holders, and pushing from left to right and top to bottom
- I never noticed that the trim has a rubber edge to it, I thought it wrapped around the corners where the rubber is. Humph? :confused:
- I instantly liked it! :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
Oh come on! quit teasing and post pics please :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I edited my post and added some pics! Check it out two posts up!
- I wish I had pics like these, to study, before I made my purchase
- Don't be scuurrrred, but the pics are LARGE!!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I've been eyeing this kit myself. One additional piece I can't figure out why they omitted would be some metallic trim for the indented area around the cup holders on the console. (A little oval piece for the indent around the ignition key lock would be neat-o, too...)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Turned out great. Ordered yesterday. Again, thanks for the pics.:)

·
Registered
473 Posts
How many ridglines do you own?
Call me crazy but is the first truck not all black interior and yours is tan?
Very nice. That would probably look great in my silver ridge. One more question. Is it made of the same easily smeared fake chrome stuff as the door handles? Cause if so I am concerned about streaks fingerprints etc being hard to keep off of something like that.
Nice install let us know about cleaning protecting it as you go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd like to bump this thread to see if anyone has installed pics? The more the better. I am considering ordering for my new 2012 Sport! Thanks.

Stephen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts