Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my Ridgeline for 2 days and have enjoyed the experience.
Steel Blue/Gray RTL with moonroof and XM Radio.:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Oh, goodie. Unless someone is already hitting their send button, I get to be the first to welcome you to the ROC as an official owner. And you bought the BLUE, so I'm doubly happy. Congratulations. Write to us some more about your first impressions and that big smile you can't get off your face.

·
Registered
579 Posts
beautiful. Welcome to the team!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Ok..so she beat me to it!! I was going to also tell you nice truck too bad it's not Silver ...but well..Truckin' is a bound and determined woman to get the point across that Blue runs a marginal 2nd to the best color there is.
Ok..enough of that....
Welcome to the ROC family and please excuse our color war. You see..we really have nothing else with which to compete against each other in because aside from color, we all drive the perfect truck. And although family should never really compete to begin with...well...we here at the ROC are such close family...we can give and take some ribbing. So...with this said...I can't believe I'm rambling...:eek: please join us daily for a dose of ROC magic and yes...I dare you to take that smile off your face as you drive the best truck ever invented. IMMHHOOC. :D
You see..I bought Ridgena March 2 and I am still thrilled to no end when I drive her and I still make my SO, that's Todd, nuts every time we walk to and from her by saying...."She's a pretty truck".
Ok..I'm finished Truckin'. :D
Congrats...enjoy the ride and KEEP COMING BACK!!
Man..Im on a roll today!!
Good Night Gracie!!
:p

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
ladyridge said:
Ok..so she beat me to it!! I was going to also tell you nice truck too bad it's not Silver ...but well..Truckin' is a bound and determined woman to get the point across that Blue runs a marginal 2nd to the best color there is.
LadyRidge, you crack me up! You told the truth, but watch out for that word "marginal." Just look at the rate at which BLUE owners are signing up in recent days. We are catching up. People have discovered and fallen in love with BLUE.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
People have discovered and fallen in love with BLUE.
Well, as ladyridge said, it is the SECOND best color.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My wife is the major reason I got the blue one. I was looking at the black but she said it would get dirty too easy. So being the good husband that I am, I got the blue one. Sure am glad I did. I have driven about 200 miles so far and have gotten a lot of curious looks since I am the first in our area to own a Ridgeline.:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: Just got my Ridgeline (ditto!)

Not only "ditto" on just getting my new Ridgeline, but mine is also an RTL Steel BLue Metallic. Here are pics (running boards, trailer hitch and other options are on order and scheduled for installation next week). ....

My buddy shown there with it is "Mel," a rescued Australian Shepard.

I can hardly stay out of it!:D

Web Side.jpg

Web Side_Front.jpg

Over and out,

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice pic's. Enjoy your new ride. Take the dog along too he'll love it:D :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Re: Just got my Ridgeline (ditto!)

BassBud said:
Not only "ditto" on just getting my new Ridgeline, but mine is also an RTL Steel BLue Metallic.

My buddy shown there with it is "Mel," a rescued Australian Shepard.

I can hardly stay out of it!:D
A big BLUE welcome to ya, BassBud. You're going to be grinning even bigger when you get your accessories next week.

Your pooch is adorable.

I see you've got a pinstripe. Can you take a close up photo that shows off the stripe a bit better?

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome both of you to the ROC. The trucks look great and I am sure that you will enjoy them as much as the rest of us do.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Truckin' -- Thanks for the "big BLUE" welcome (I went to the University of KY, which is also known as "Big Blue," but I won't talk about that until basketball season is well under way!:rolleyes: ).

No problem on pinstripe pics .... The finish is so shiny, it's kinda like taking a picture of something on a mirror! Here they are:
Web PinstripeFront.jpg

Web PinstripeDoor.jpg

Web PinstripeRear.jpg

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to both of you, both trucks look shiny. I want my truck shiny again :(. CURSE YOU DIRT ROAD!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The latest report: I finally had to fill up and I got 19.2 mpg for the first 200 miles. I made several 35 mile trips with some in city driving, so I am happy with the mileage so far.
The only problems so far: The A/C vent slide on the rear of the console came off, but I think this is a common occurance from the postings on the forums. I think I can replace it when I find the time.
The other problem: The rear seat release handle has stopped working on the "60" bench seat. It does not latch either in the down or up position. I will contact the dealer to schedule a repair time. Has anyone else had this problem?
Just wanted to give an update on my experiences. Still smiling....:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome aboard Jim.

I've been reading the posts for a while now and don't recall seeing the problem with the rear seat mentioned. Keep us informed.

And, let me just repeat what others have said, the painted RLs (non-Silver) are the ones that failed at final QC. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
The pinstripe looks very nice. Where did you get the Honda "H" and the Ridgeline decals?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Welcome aboard Jim270. Looks great and dont let us get to you about your Steel Blue............ I almost went that direction. I love my choice, but I admire your choice. At least we both got The one and only Ridgeline, the Truck of the future!!!!!!!

Keep the shiny side up and be safe on the roads.:) :) :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well it's been one week today since picking up Pandora I'm very pleased. Dealer picked her up yesterday to install the tow package and roof racks, said I was the first one with roof racks from their dealership! :D Ordered the cover from Basikoncepts with the electric lock assembly on Weds. and have been following the installation threads. Here she is as of 10 minutes ago....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jim270 said:
The only problems so far: The A/C vent slide on the rear of the console came off, but I think this is a common occurance from the postings on the forums. I think I can replace it when I find the time.
The other problem: The rear seat release handle has stopped working on the "60" bench seat. It does not latch either in the down or up position.
Problems solved: I was able to replace the vent slide by using the instructions I found on the forum. Took about 5 minutes.
I repaired the problem with the bench seat release handle. The locking mechanism was jammed. I removed the plastic cover and was able to free the jammed arm and it is working fine now.
Just wanted to post an update.
Still smiling...:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts