Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ridgeliners!!!

Well, it is past 4am and I'm still awake messing with the Ridgeline. I love this truck!!!!

Well, I installed some running board with lights. The lights come on when you unlock the door and stays on till the interior lights go out. The installation was hard because I had to drill holes in the frame to mount the boards. I did not want too drill holes but I ordered the boards off the internet and it would be too much trouble to return.

I took the dash apart and ran the wires to the door/interior light switch. Tap the wires and there was light!!

I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I detail the car. Don't want to post pictures of a dirty Ridgeline.

Yes, I know... a thread without pictures is worthless..........

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hey tranridgeline,

Your post is not worthless! This is a great idea! Photos would be great but we get the general idea and that’s priceless to our fellow ROC members. I was looking at the side steps that retract under the truck body and extend out when the door is opened but they do not make them for the RL. I was even thinking of getting a set from a Titan or Dakota and retrofitting them to the Ridgeline (i.e.… fabricating new brackets) Good one man!
Looking forward to the pics.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
5S Dude said:
I was looking at the side steps that retract under the truck body and extend out when the door is opened but they do not make them for the RL. I was even thinking of getting a set from a Titan or Dakota and retrofitting them to the Ridgeline (i.e.… fabricating new brackets)
I'm interested in something that's retractable. Can you provide links to the ones under consideration? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
ridged said:
I'm interested in something that's retractable. Can you provide links to the ones under consideration? Thanks!
BESTOP Powerstep™ Running Boards is the site, but they do not make them for thr Ridgeline. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
5S Dude said:
BESTOP Powerstep™ Running Boards is the site, but they do not make them for thr Ridgeline. ;)
Thanks! I've sent an email to ask if they have plans for a Ridgeline version. I hope so because these appear to be close to what I want. I would hope that they could be modified to work independently and in manual mode so that they could be lowered only when desired. This would allow me to lower them for passengers but keep them out of the way for me. I hate getting my pants wet/dirty by inadvertently dragging them across a running board - I'm tall enough to not need them but too short to step over them. :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those pictures turned out weird. Here is a picture before the running board, tinted windows, and vent visors.

Second picture is the hood after the wax job with Zaino.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Tran,

You are my inspiration for lighted running board. I wish I had the time and courage to install the lights. I am waiting for a nerf bar with lights as future add on. Hopefully, it wil not require opening the dash.

Your photos look good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tranridgeline-

Can you tell me want brand, and where you purchased your lighted running boards? I want to get some!

Thanks,

Joe Mac

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Wow, that Zaino stuff is nice....... I purchased their ultimate kit about a month ago. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can put all the stuff on. If any of you are in the Vancouver, BC, Canada region, there is a guy in Vancouver that sells the stuff. He is a distributor.

Anyway, I'm assuming the lights are add ons. Any day time shots of them to see where and how they are mounted?

If I get them, I'll probably put them on dimmers.

thanks.........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Joe Mac,

The running board are by Onki. Do a search on google. I had to drill some holes to mount it. I did not want to drill holes but after all the brainstorming, drilling the holes provided the most support for the running board. The installation is rock solid.

So you have to ask yourself, if you want to drill holes or not.

The lights are integrated with the running board.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi, Tran:

Is Onki the only maker for lighted running board for ridgeline?

How hard was it to drill the holes? any way to get a custom fit without drilling? I notice that Onki site has a lighted running board for Ridgeline. Is that the part you got that required drilling?

How hard was it to tap into the dash for the electrical?

How much does it cost? over $350? This seems perfect except for the drilling.

thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the info TranRidgeline!

Joe Mac

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice Mod. What wires exactly did you tap into?

·
Registered
180 Posts
A Different style of nerb bar lights:

Three LED light (2-Diffused White, 1- Red)

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts