Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Ridgeline owner, just picked up a 2010 EX-L SR for the significant other and dogs.

Best "truck" I've ever driven! Handles like a dream on the highway. Powering through turns with FWD
and 4 wheel independent double wishbone suspension doing 140(km/h) feels effortless.
It's like driving a well balanced sport sedan with the size and stability of a truck.

We flew to Edmonton and picked it up, drove it 2200kms back up to the Yukon. Nice way to test drive a new whip!

Stopped to snap a few pics at Muncho Lake, BC.

Just ordered a full set of Weathertech DigitalFit FloorLiners for it as my first purchase. :act024:

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
Nice Pics, Enjoy the Ride

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Congrats on your RL and Welcome to the ROC!

First post includes awesome photos, well played. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Really stoked on my purchase. I'm also happy to have my partner in something safe.
She was driving an '02 Kia Sportage lol.

Can't wait to put it to the test this winter!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
spacewolf said:
Can't wait to put it to the test this winter!
Having driven quite a lot above the Arctic Circle, couple recommendations with general assumptions.

1. Change *all* fluids, Power Steering, Brake, Oil, VTM-4, DW-1, Gear Box

2. Replace the radiator, which effectively results in new Coolant

3. Use only Honda fluids with the exception of Gear oil.

4. Check or replace all spark plugs (watch out for Cyl 4/5 issue !!!)

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks henni and Carsmak! All really awesome information I didn't know. I just kind of took the dealers word that everything was done up to standard in regards to maintenance,
inspection and fluids swapped/used. They seemed very reputable and a joy to deal with but you never know...
I'd also like to get ahead of any potential issues. Luckily winters have been pretty mild lately (go global warming! lol).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts