Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am soon to be a new Ridgeline Owner! :)

Just purchased one today (Silver complete with Navigation) for $33,000 thanks to some good negoations by my wife.

They were going to get the truck to me today but they didn't have time to detail it today and my wife wanted it cleaned before taking it. So now I need to wait til Monday to pick it up. (Dang it why arnt car dealers open on Sundays?) :D

I am so looking forward to getting it.

I have been reading here for the last week and have learned a lot! So thank you all for the reviews and details about your trucks! Because of this site I knew more about the truck then the sales guy did!

Soon to be a real owner. :)

Scott
SatelliteGuys.US

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: Just purchased on with NAV

Welcome aboard Scott, Enjoy your new ride and dont be shy with some pics !! This is a great site I agree, a LOT of good people !! :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts

Welcome to the boards. There is a lot of good information within. Congratulations on your soon to be new truck.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

Welcome, Scott. Get your wife to post her impressions too.

·
Registered
264 Posts

Congrats on the new ride, everyone who comes into this club/site brings new and differewnt perspectives. Yours will be appreciated too. I hope you have a much fun here as I have had.
Drive it in good health
Jules

·
Registered
2,026 Posts

Welcome to the club. I'm a newbie here having had my RTL only a week and 200 miles but loving every minute with it. Mine is silver too. Good luck with it and keep us posted on the pluses and minuses.

·
Registered
774 Posts

Great price, Scott. I payed your price on an RTL with moonroof WITHOUT NAVIGATION. Of course, that was 2 months ago when everybody was paying sticker (or above). I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I am. Happy driving.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got a call from the Dealership. (Schaller Honda in New Britain, CT) and they tell me my truck is ready to go. (Yippie!)

Of course I won't be able to get there until 6:30 after work which STINKS. And I am stuck here in the office not being able to think about work, so I guess I will just spend my day here at the owners club reading and getting more and more excited. :D

The dealer was nice enough to give me the owners manual and the navigation system manual, and I have read them both from cover to cover. I don't know why the navigation system has me so excited, but I can't wait to play with it later.

I have been looking at add ons now, I think I am going to pick up the under the seat storage as well as the carpet floor mats. (I will get them from H & A)

I think the under the seat storage will be good for the kids, it will be a place to put their toys. :)

Does anyone know how the XM works? I already have XM now (I actually have 4 XM Radios and 3 Sirius Radios) will I be eligible for the 3 months free service? Or since I am already a subscriber will they add it onto my family plan?

One of these days I would like to add the DVD Player to the truck. But I will wait on it for now. I am kind of disapointed that the audio is sent via a FM modulator. You would think that you could hook it in and get some good psuedo surround sound. Besides a few people tell me its better and cheeper to get the screens put in the headrests instead.

I got to admit, WAITING SUCKS. :( But I will be happy later tonight.

Thanks for the great forum.

Scott
SatelliteGuys.US

L

·
0 Posts

It's like waiting for your first born.
Congratulations and Welcome to the best group of people I have never known. ;)
I am sure you will come to feel the same about the camaraderie here and the "family" like atmosphere. I rely on this site daily and I think I actually enjoy my 'Line that much more because I share a love for it many others do too!! It's like I'm driving down the road with all of you with me. The only difference is I ALWAYS get to drive!!:D
Enjoy your new ride Scott. :)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts

Scott,
Bummer that you have to work! I guess we all have to find a way to pay for our obsession.

I'm glad you got the manuals first. I've been cramming since we got ours and I would have enjoyed it being part of my pre-purchase research.

You're going to love NAV. It is fun to play with and learn to use. It can be frustrating too, like trying to find a store you know exists in your town. I wanted the phone number for Harbor Freight, but all I could get were listings in far away states. I had to rely on a traditional, paper phone book. Darn.

More often I am impressed by how many things are listed. It is so fast at recalculating routes that by the time you get to the next corner, it's giving you alternate directions.

NAV would not be as interesting or fun if you live outside of the detailed mapped areas. We will be taking our first camping trip in a couple of weeks. We are going to a remote part of Idaho, so it will be interesting to see how much help it is outside of the metro areas.

All in all, I think you are going to be happy you got the NAV. If you are at all tempted, you should check out the back up camera. It is a great add on and would give parents, in particular, peace of mind that they aren't going to run over toys left in the driveway or heaven forbid, a child.

The underseat storage is a great catch all box.

As for XM, it just works. It's set to go when you pick up your Ridge. There is no reason you should have to pay any extra because you are already a subscriber.

How long have you had XM? We are enjoying it while we have it, but as much as I like it, I don't think we'll keep it. I just don't want to have more bills coming in the mail and this is something I can live without. I'll switch to taking my iPod with me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I purchased my first XM a week after they went online. I run a forum like this that deals with Satellite TV technology so I wanted to review the XM Radio. I figured I would get a unit, play with it for a week or two then return it to the store.

After getting it installed they could't pry it from my hands. :) Even my wife who was against me keeping it wanted one when she heard the comedy channels. She now has one in her car. :)

I even carry around the XM MyFI which is a portable XM Walkman. I use it in my office and at home in the house, it works great.

The cost of XM is per radio, it is $12.95 a month for the first radio then $6.95 a month for each additional radio (up to 5) on their family plan.

5 1/2 hours to go! :) Yippie.

I can't work......

·
Registered
10,401 Posts

Make sure and give your current vehicle a good thrashing on the way to pick up the Ridgeline. You gotta vent all this pent-up energy in a non-Ridgeline threatening manner :) . You'll want to take it very easy on your new ride for at least the first 600 miles.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts

Bought mine last Sunday and thankfully the very large dealership prepped it while we did the paperwork. Had to wait an extra hour or so but I didn't complain.:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

arteegee said:
Bought mine last Sunday and thankfully the very large dealership prepped it while we did the paperwork. Had to wait an extra hour or so but I didn't complain.:D
This dealship was having some weekend sale going on in its Mitsubishi store, and they were trying to get everyone their car the same day.

They sold a lot of cars that day. The line to the autobody shop where they clean the cars had a line of 20+ cars in it waiting to be preped.

Ahh 5 hours to go. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts

Good luck with your new RL. I know you'll be happy. Concerning XM, I am one of their biggest fans, with 5 radios on their family plan. Having owned 2 Accords with factory XM, I can tell you from experience that you will have no trouble adding your RL's radio to your account at the end of the 90 days. You will receive a reminder notice from XM app. 30 days from the expiration of your trial membership. It looks like a bill but don't pay anything. Wait until the last day, call XM and give them the new radio's ID. It's as easy as that!

·
Registered
362 Posts

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ahh 5 hours to go. :)

4:59:59
4:59:58
4:59:57
4:59:56
4:59:55
4:59:54
4:59:53
4:59:52
4:59:51
4:59:50

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SCREW IT TAKE VACATION!!!!!! GO GO GO !! :D

Have we mentioned how much your going to love driving this truck? :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I wish I could go now, I really do. The dealer has me setup for 6:30 and thats when I go and finish signing all the papers etc...

Tick tick tick.... :)

·
Registered
362 Posts

Just kidding scott, you'll have her pretty soon and then comes the next problem.. not being able to get out.

Ever seen the movie "Office Space?"

Well its time you show them your "O" Face !! :eek:

L

·
0 Posts

Wish I could be on the roads in Conn. to see that smile!!
Counting down for you in Ohio Scott!! :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts