Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you already know I've been looking for a white or silver Ridgeline RTL with navigation. I'm tight so I don't want to overpay. Sent out my offer to several dealers... one bit today. They have a silver one due in late next week.

Total out the door price (does not include taxes or tags in my state) including rear mud guards is $32,172.68 ($500 over invoice). No trade, no financing, no DOC fees or any other hidden charges.

Could probably do a little better if I was willing to wait, but that's one of my weaknesses.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Congratulations Csimo and welcome to the club (finally). You won't regret it.

However, you could have picked a better color. Go Green!!!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I'm thrilled for you. Your enthusiasm for this truck shows in every post you make. It will be nice when you have your own to play with and tell us about.

Great price! Ya done good.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Congratulations Csimo! I waited six weeks for my Black RTL-Navi to come in. Picked it up yesterday. It is great that your wait time is so much shorter. That six weeks really dragged by for me. I am anxious to hear your feedback on the navigation system once you get your hands on it. My first day was interesting. It is going to take some time to get really good with it. The first 250 miles have been a real joy! We came back home with a truck and bed full of a large sewing cabinet set for my wife. Sort of an impulse buy. We never could have done it with the Blazer that we traded in. The ride and handling are better than I remembered from my test drives. No wind noise either. It is going to rain tomorrow so I will test for water leaks in the real world. I actually saw a white Ridgeline in a town about 75 miles from home. We waved to each other but we were going in opposite directions. I have never seen one on the road elsewhere.

I am 54 years old and I have not been excited about a vehicle in a long time. The Ridgeline and all of the great members of this Ridgeline Owners Club site have changed that and have made the whole experience a lot of fun along the way. (Okay, to be fair, I am referring to four wheeled vehicles. My Harley(s) have provided a similar experience as well.) I am certain that you will have the same results with yours. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
What dealer are you going through if you don't mind sharing. Sounds like a deal I wouldn't mind getting (-:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Congratulations on the silver RTL. This is my first post here although I have lurked for a week or two trying to decide what I wanted. I ended up with the same truck as yours but without NAV. I paid 30,500 which was about $700 over invoice but that is relative as I think I got hurt on my trade in. But I expected that and I will not be around enough this summer to sell my used truck. In any event, the bottom line came to where I wanted it to be no matter if I got there from one end of the deal or the other.

I live in the eastern part of Texas and the Honda dealerships are few and far between which limits competition. I also do not think there are any Honda SuperCenters for over 100 miles. Hence, my choices were rather limited as to where I could go. Not only that, but these small dealers only have a couple Ridgelines at any given time in their inventory. On the other hand, assuming you can find what you want, these home town dealers know a lot of local folks and try to provide the best service after the sale.

Today I picked up my RTL and put about 85 miles on it. Although that is nothing, I was impressed with each mile. Everywhere I went people have stopped to look and even have come out of stores to talk to me. Without exception they had big smiles on their faces. I suspect those that found the truck offensive did not come out but the positive response I received was surprising to me.

BTW, the silver is a great color (the dealer threw in pin stripes as a good will
gesture). I traveled quite a few miles during the past week visiting various dealers. I looked at Black, White, Red, Silver and saw a Blue one on the road. It is all a matter of taste of course, but the White was too white and the black was too black, if you know what I mean. These colors just ate up the truck. The blue, although I saw it briefly, seemed to bring out the lines better rather than smother it. The silver does this as well and does a good job of hiding marks and dirt. The red just did not appeal to me and I have not seen a green RTL.

I went to an outdoor shrimp boil tonight attended by about 25 friends. To celebrate my purchase I filled up the trunk with ice and beer for all. Each and every person there (even the non-drinkers!) marveled at the design and looks - not to mention the trunk. I've read at other sites that some people find the Ridgeline "ugly". I believe they are a vocal, but small, minority. My friends would not tell me if they did not like the truck just so as to not hurt my feelings but I know them well enough and can read them pretty well without their saying a word. The smiles were genuine.

So good luck - to us both!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't care what Zero says about color, you can join the Silver club. Btw did he mention he originally ordered a Black one?
Anyway great price and welcome to the club.
Drive it in good health

·
2,346 Posts
JulesK, you ratted me out! Actually, silver was a close second choice to the green.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I too am considering silver. I really like the way the black looks, but with such a large vehicle, that has to be SUPER hard to keep clean and swirl-free.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will post the dealer info as soon as the transaction is completed. I believe I have this locked in, but dealers will sometimes do some less than honorable things.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Just Bought A new Ridgeline

I'm new here, first post.

I just left the dealer. Got the RTL with Moonrof in White with Tan interior. I got what I think was a great deal. Paid invoice ($29,361) plus $515 destination. I was going to keep my old truck but they gave me $6000 as a trade. (1998 Dakota SLT Club cab with 75K miles). The deals are being made. I first went thru Costco, but the internet guy was willing in sell at cost when I asked.

I can't wait to pick up the truck tomorow and start to add accessories.

Great forum, I'm glad to be here.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Mrhandy said:
I'm new here, first post.

I just left the dealer. Got the RTL with Moonrof in White with Tan interior. I got what I think was a great deal. Paid invoice ($29,361) plus $515 destination. I was going to keep my old truck but they gave me $6000 as a trade. (1998 Dakota SLT Club cab with 75K miles). The deals are being made. I first went thru Costco, but the internet guy was willing in sell at cost when I asked.

I can't wait to pick up the truck tomorow and start to add accessories.

Great forum, I'm glad to be here.
Wow, you must have found a dealer that's hurting very bad! I doubt the Dakota trade in value was anywhere near that amount.

This dealer must have a draft coming out of their account that they couldn't cover or something similar for them to do such a deal!

·
2,346 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new truck. We all look forward to your contributions to these boards.

·
Registered
20 Posts

csimo said:
Wow, you must have found a dealer that's hurting very bad! I doubt the Dakota trade in value was anywhere near that amount.

This dealer must have a draft coming out of their account that they couldn't cover or something similar for them to do such a deal!
I could not believe it myself. I wanted to get it with the NAV, but they only had one in a different color. He was willing to sell that one at invoice too. I am most suprised about the trade. The book on my old truck was 5800 and there are some dents. Fair condition at best. I would have taken 5000, but he offered first. I hope nothing changes between tonight and when I pick up the truck at 1:00 pm tomorrow. The papers are done, but you never know.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
MrHandy, I paid a couple hundred more than you and had a similar trade-in, a '99 Dakota SLT with 59,000 miles. They only gave me $6300 for the trade. I would have sold it myself as it was real clean but I won't be around much this summer to sell it. I walked out of the dealership twice when we could not come to terms on my trade, although the $30500 total price (excludes tax) they would sell the Ridgeline RTL for was at least fair. The first time they came after me (which I expected). The second time I told them I simply needed more for the trade-in to reach my bottom line and they came down a bit but not enough. I said good-bye and they did not pursue me this time. I felt pretty sure I was not going to get a better deal.

I then went to the closest other Honda dealer, about 35 miles away. He did not have the Ridgeline I wanted but one was set to be delivered in a week. I told him he would have to beat the offer of his competitor. He called me that night and said he could not. Ditto one of the larger Honda dealership's internet manager in the Dallas area (which is too far from me but at least it is in the same state). I thought a big Dallas dealer could at least give me some better figures. He said, "save the trip", he could not beat the price even if my Dak was pristine. So, I called the first dealer at home and told him I would be in the am to close the deal.

I can't tell you how happy I am with this thing. Sure, I probably lost a grand or two on the trade-in but frankly, the bottom line came out fairly close to what I had in mind anyway. The pleasure this truck has given me in just a short few days is worth a lot more than money can buy anyway.

To anyone lurking out there who have their heart set on the Ridgeline, I say buy it if you can - you won't be sorry!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Two very interesting things I've picked up on this thread:
1) very good deals are out there
and
2) a lot of people are trading in what some would call "real trucks" for the ridgeline and are loving it. I think this is very cool. Not that any of us here has had any doubt about the truck. But to see the market react to it is a good thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Mrhandy said:
I could not believe it myself. I wanted to get it with the NAV, but they only had one in a different color. He was willing to sell that one at invoice too. I am most suprised about the trade. The book on my old truck was 5800 and there are some dents. Fair condition at best. I would have taken 5000, but he offered first. I hope nothing changes between tonight and when I pick up the truck at 1:00 pm tomorrow. The papers are done, but you never know.
Let me know who the dealer was once your deal is done (unless you want to email me at [email protected]) - I'm in PA and was about to close a deal on a Ridge for $1500 under MSRP for a RT (I had wanted and RTS, but couldn't swing it at $1500 under MSRP). It might be closer at invoice.

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
460 Posts

Mrhandy said:
mr handy, way to go.............hell of a deal..................u suck :)
seriously, welcome aboard............ :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts