Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha,

I recently moved from Kentucky to Hawaii (Oahu) in January this year and got my Ridgeline shipped here last month, I am wondering if there's a good shop around here that does a good lift on the truck? And where does everyone go for their truck shopping? Mahalo!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,358 Posts
Shucks, I'd be happy just to ship me to Hawaii.

;)

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Nice place, it's worth the Tsunamis risk being there. I've been in Kona and was lucky to leave a week before the volcano erupted, but saw what the previous eruption left before the new one started.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Aloha,

I recently moved from Kentucky to Hawaii (Oahu) in January this year and got my Ridgeline shipped here last month, I am wondering if there's a good shop around here that does a good lift on the truck? And where does everyone go for their truck shopping? Mahalo!
Welcome to Hawaii brah! Trucks are almost a requirement here and you shouldn't have any problem finding shops. Just ask some locals with lifted trucks or look for a custom truck show to go to. Good luck and Aloha!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Haha... Yeah Hawaii has been nothing but fun! A truck is really needed here, I'll be sure to keep my eye out on those shops, found a few online, but have yet to check them out. ALOHA!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Thanks! Haha... Yeah Hawaii has been nothing but fun! A truck is really needed here, I'll be sure to keep my eye out on those shops, found a few online, but have yet to check them out. ALOHA!
Don't you mean "Aloha all y'all" :act002:

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,358 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I spent 3 weeks during the Christmas/New Year holidays, traveling around the Hawaiian Islands and saw quite a few Ridgelines on the different islands. The Ridgeline was in their element as far as 4 wheeling on the back roads.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I'm curious, what does it cost to ship a vehicle from the mainland to Hawaii?

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Aloha!!! And Aloha again, when you arrive! My wife is looking for another job. I suggested Hawaii to her (it's where we met)... I told her the RL would be very much at home there running around the islands. Not quite what she was hoping to hear, but I could not hold back!
haha!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I spent 3 weeks during the Christmas/New Year holidays, traveling around the Hawaiian Islands and saw quite a few Ridgelines on the different islands. The Ridgeline was in their element as far as 4 wheeling on the back roads.
There are quite a few here on the highway and it's a rarely seen "animal" in the midwest. Since mine is just a plain RTL, I like looking at the other fellow Ridgeliners and see what they add on theirs and make my decision there if it's something I'd like on mine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I go to Home Depot I'll find half a dozen or more in the parking lot. The Ridgeline is almost as popular as the Tacoma here and it's a better vehicle to live with too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aloha,

Wassup bro welcome to hawaii. As for a good shop check out 4 wheel parts in Waipahu, Maui off road in waipio, dh built in pearl city, or ron's performance in Honolulu. Hope this helps

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is an older lady that I work with that told me once that she got a volkswagen shipped from the states to guam because her husband was in the navy and when they went to pick it up the container had alot of saltwater in it from the storm at sea. I am sure they have made improvements on the containers since then. I hope at least.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I may be late to the party, but Aloha!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have friends living in the Waipio Valley. I want to ship my Ridgeline from AZ this summer to join them. The big question: Can it make it up and down the road?

<The Waipio Valley Road on the island of Hawai'i is the steepest road of its length in the world, reaching 250 meters from the Waipio Valley to the plateau situated just 1 kilometer above. The average grade is 25% and the peak grade reaches 40%.>

/Users/michael/Desktop/waipio.jpg

First hand knowledge would be much appreciated. I don't want to ship the vehicle if it can't do the job.

The manual says engaging the 4wd on dry paved surfaces is taboo, but the sign says engage the 4wd.

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts