Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIDGESTOCK 2006.

A few of this weekend's ROC @ the ROCK attendees talked about another meet. We thought Marysville ( Columbus, Ohio )would be good and maybe we can get a Honda tour arranged.

We have a few members who live in the neighborhood there so at least we have a little "foot in the door" action.

I chatted with TMac and he said why not make it our International meet for next year like our cousins the EOC did this year. I say.....

"LETS DO IT!!"

·
Registered
534 Posts
YES! Lots of time to plan vacation for that time. Where is Marysville, though?

But, but, can this be the first annual International Ridgestock??? Seeing as some of us Canadians may come. ;)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hez said:

Ohio. :D

But, but, can this be the first annual International Ridgestock??? Seeing as some of us Canadians may come. ;)
Your wish is my command cousin!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
WOOHOO! Thank you, m'lady!

Now doesn't that sound much grander, too?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hez said:
WOOHOO! Thank you, m'lady!

Now doesn't that sound much grander, too?
You betcha!!!!
Help me keep it at the top Hez!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hez said:

A little off to the NW of Columbus, OH:)

·
Registered
289 Posts
This sounds great. The last time I was in Marysville was for one of their annual Honda Goldwing motorcycle meets. Got a really nice plant tour. including the smelter in Anna. :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Only 480 miles for me, let's go for it. Anyone want to consider an earlier meet closer to home? Smokies after Thanksgiving and after New Years is not bad as far as rates. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Don't you think we should have the first international meet in Canada and try to get a tour of the Ridgeline birth place? A few dozen Ridgelines coming home to see where they came would be cool. But I think that may be harder to arrange than what is being attempted here. Hopefully either way i will be able to drag myself away from the office long enough to attend this one. I missed the first big meet :(.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
25 Year Honda Owner said:
Only 480 miles for me, let's go for it. Anyone want to consider an earlier meet closer to home? Smokies after Thanksgiving and after New Years is not bad as far as rates. Anyone interested?
I'm interested!!!! :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
captmiddy said:
Don't you think we should have the first international meet in Canada and try to get a tour of the Ridgeline birth place? A few dozen Ridgelines coming home to see where they came would be cool. But I think that may be harder to arrange than what is being attempted here. Hopefully either way i will be able to drag myself away from the office long enough to attend this one. I missed the first big meet :(.
With the price of passports these days...I don't know if we can get too many people to go. It's $80 + to get a passport. :(
If you don't drag yourself, let us know and we can help drag you!! :D

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
ladyridge said:
I'm interested!!!! :)
Lets go for it! Probably in January would be great, all the crowds are gone, lodging is reasonable, and most likely snow. Keep in mind that the Smokies are within 8 hours of most of the Eastern US.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
25 Year Honda Owner said:
Lets go for it! Probably in January would be great, all the crowds are gone, lodging is reasonable, and most likely snow. Keep in mind that the Smokies are within 8 hours of most of the Eastern US.
Todd and I have been planning a trip to the Smokies since we got Ridgena. Set it up, we'll be there. If you need some help, let me know.

·
Registered
218 Posts
captmiddy said:
I'm with you cap! Saturn did this with a great deal of corporate support. Do you think Honda would work with us on this?

·
Registered
205 Posts
ladyridge said:
With the price of passports these days...I don't know if we can get too many people to go. It's $80 + to get a passport. :(
If you don't drag yourself, let us know and we can help drag you!! :D
Wow! Do I feel stupid. You need a passport to get into Canada, now? I used to go fishing up there several times a year, when I lived in Minnesota, and I've never had a passport.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Maybe Ridgestock should be held in one of those Dakota states... given the lack of ownership there, the group would probably attract a lot of attention....

·
Registered
876 Posts
NotaChevy said:
Wow! Do I feel stupid. You need a passport to get into Canada, now? I used to go fishing up there several times a year, when I lived in Minnesota, and I've never had a passport.
We needed passports not to get into Canada last year, but to get out -- the U.S. required either passports or picture I.D. and birth certificate to reenter -- we didn't like the idea of dragging our birth certificates around with us on vacation, so opted for the passports.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I believe passports were supposed to be required around end of year but they pulled off on it because Canada and others opposed it because it would have been too large a burden with such short notice. The new plan is that by end of 2006 if you are flying to Canada or from Canada you will need a passport. If you are driving to Canada or from Canada, you will need a passport after 2007. This is still open for public comment. So right now you can go to Canada without a passport and will be able to until the end of 2007 if you drive and end of 2006 if you fly.

I got a passport this year because I took a cruise and it was easier to have a passport than to cart around all the other things.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts