Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to share my new venture in life with you.
I started putting kids pictures on the cover of a fake magazine covers and I got to thinking. WHY NOT??
So...I sent for the license to make "Kart America Magazine" mine and we have laready started collecting articles and advertisers for the first magazine we hope to get out in December. It will start out small and then go from there. ( I hope :eek: )
I designed the cover in three different styles to start. Here is the first with my Drew on it. BTW...he finished 2nd this season in his class. www.ckra.org.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Very good looking cover, ladyridge. You are quite an entrepreneur! Congratulations to Drew and good luck to you in your new venture.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Outstanding! Very nicely done! That goes for BOTH you and Drew! There was a story in our local paper, The Centre Daily Times, about a couple of local guys, one is a former customer of mine, that are planning an indoor kart track here.

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/12937617.htm
Posted on Wed, Oct. 19, 2005_krdDartInc++;document.write('');if (typeof(krd_topix_property) != 'undefined') {document.write('var topixcats = new Array();');}var topixcats = new Array();

Go-kart racing on track for Benner Twp.

[SIZE=-1]By Pete Bosak[/SIZE]

[email protected]
Two local entrepreneurs are working to bring high-speed go-kart racing to Benner Township by summer 2006.
Jeff Haas, owner of the Hooters restaurant in State College, and his partner Joe Shulman, part-owner of the Gingerbread Man, plan to build a multimillion-dollar indoor facility on a plot of land in the Airport Park Development across from University Park Airport. They hope to hire 50 part- and full-time employees.
The goal of the Fastshoez Indoor Kart Racing Entertainment Complex is to offer actual racing competition at affordable prices, Haas said.
"Race fans simply arrive and drive," he said.
Plans for the 777,000-square-foot complex call for two race tracks -- one for youth ages 7 to 14 and one for adults ages 15 and older -- a rooftop grandstand area, safety briefing rooms, racer lockers and a snack bar and lounge called "Cheesesteak City." No alcohol will be served, Haas said.
"The name Fastshoez is derived directly from the racing paddock areas all over the world," said Haas, a racer and former instructor with Bertil Roos Racing School at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond. "Actual race drivers refer to the fastest drivers among themselves as 'fast shoes,' because the fastest drivers are the fastest with their feet reactions utilizing the gas and brake pedals."
Depending on the success of the Benner Township facility, Haas said he and his partner may expand the concept.
"If the initial prototype unit here in State College area is deemed successful, we will strongly consider multi-unit growth through franchising," Haas said.
Benner Township Supervisors Chairman John Elnitski said the project is progressing through the township's approval processes.
"We're evaluating it," Elnitski said. "Any business is good for the township if it brings in local money and provides jobs."
Pete Bosak can be reached at 235-3928.

Jeff Haas is the person that I know. Maybe this could make a good story for your new magazine. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That is neat. We enjoy the karting world too. My kids are both too fast for me now in the on pavement type, so I bought a couple off-road karts where I thought I had a chance.
My youngest thinks anything that moves is raceable. I haven't a clue where he got that idea from.;)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ultra-HOG said:
Outstanding! Very nicely done! That goes for BOTH you and Drew! There was a story in our local paper, The Centre Daily Times, about a couple of local guys, one is a former customer of mine, that are planning an indoor kart track here.

Jeff Haas is the person that I know. Maybe this could make a good story for your new magazine. Let me know if I can help.
Looks like I'll be making a trip your way soon. Yes..introduce me. That would be GREAT for the first issue.
Thanks B. You're the best. :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Youbetcha! I will keep my eyes and ears open as plans develop. But, hey, if the kart track thing doesn't work out, Jeff is always looking for qualified, especially overqualified, help in his other business. I am sure that he would want to have you on his team. Did I mention that he also owns two Hooters restaurants? :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
ladyridge said:
Just wanted to share my new venture in life with you.
I started putting kids pictures on the cover of a fake magazine covers and I got to thinking. WHY NOT??
So...I sent for the license to make "Kart America Magazine" mine and we have laready started collecting articles and advertisers for the first magazine we hope to get out in December. It will start out small and then go from there. ( I hope :eek: )
I designed the cover in three different styles to start. Here is the first with my Drew on it. BTW...he finished 2nd this season in his class. www.ckra.org.
I finally got to read this thread! LadyRidge, that is awesome! BTW I heard of this KART track near the Hartford/Springfield Airport in Connecticut. If you need info on it I can dig. How about your CDCgraphics? Those were awesome banner/decal you made for Tex's Ridge!!!:D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HEY RIDGELINE! said:
I finally got to read this thread! LadyRidge, that is awesome! BTW I heard of this KART track near the Hartford/Springfield Airport in Connecticut. If you need info on it I can dig. How about your CDCgraphics? Those were awesome banner/decal you made for Tex's Ridge!!!:D
HEY RIDGELINE. Thanks. I still plan to make the CDC Graphics company a huge success but now we have added to it. If it weren't for my son Drew being a kart racer, I would not be into any of this. We started out in February making buttons and now it has taken off like wild fire. Maybe you should get a decal for your Ridgeline HEY RIDGELINE!! Check out Tex's pictures.
;)
I would love to hear more about that track out there. We are always looking for more places to race.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ladyridge,
You have my admiration for your entrepeneurial spirit. Magazine publishing is quite a bit more difficult than it looks to a reader. I've been a regular contributor to several industry publications and know how stressful deadlines can be. Will you be publishing a mag with regular schedule (i.e. month or months printed on the cover?) I really think it makes more sense to start off with just volume and issue numbers. There is a pretty heavily used track not far from me. Would you like some photos at a California track? I don't race carts but a friend does. He might keep me from revealling the idiot within.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spritegeezer said:
Ladyridge,
You have my admiration for your entrepeneurial spirit. Magazine publishing is quite a bit more difficult than it looks to a reader. I've been a regular contributor to several industry publications and know how stressful deadlines can be. Will you be publishing a mag with regular schedule (i.e. month or months printed on the cover?) I really think it makes more sense to start off with just volume and issue numbers. There is a pretty heavily used track not far from me. Would you like some photos at a California track? I don't race carts but a friend does. He might keep me from revealling the idiot within.
Hi Sprite...
Thanks for the support. I do appreciate all I can get.
We are starting out with quarterly issues for now. I was going to have a December, March, June and September and see where that goes.
I would love pictures of a kart track in California and anyone you know who would like to do some inaugural advertising would be great too. It WILL be the best Kart Mag ever ya know!! ;)
Thanks again sprite.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
aridgeforme said:
Cool idea. Keep us posted Lady!!
DITTO aridgeforme:D BTW if folks want to contact you about the magazine, how should they do that? Everytime I look at the RIDGELINE banner and my TEX'S RIDGE decal you made for me, I feel special. They are really nice! Thanks a brazilion!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tex's Ridge said:
DITTO aridgeforme:D BTW if folks want to contact you about the magazine, how should they do that? Everytime I look at the RIDGELINE banner and my TEX'S RIDGE decal you made for me, I feel special. They are really nice! Thanks a brazilion!
Through my email is fine.
Thanks for your vote of confidence Tex. :)

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hey J.C. Kudos, really nice work! Let us all know the outcome as well. Best wishes to your continued success!!:D
Ron

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
5S Dude said:
Hey J.C. Kudos, really nice work! Let us all know the outcome as well. Best wishes to your continued success!!:D
Ron
Thanks buddy. :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Connecticut's facility is called, appropriately, Kart Trak. I want to hold a team event there next year for my staff and peers.

www.karttrak.com

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
shovelhd said:
Connecticut's facility is called, appropriately, Kart Trak. I want to hold a team event there next year for my staff and peers.

www.karttrak.com
Thanks Z!! :p

Sounds like great fun Chris. Maybe we could do a story on it!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts