Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Katzkin install & pics

11K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Cenovio 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Ridgeline lovers! After upgrading all kinds of stuff on my truck I finally decided to deal with the ugly cloth seats in my Ridgeline Sport. I ordered my custom Katzkin design and found a local installer. I got the black leather, with black perf combo, and red stitching. Not only did I get the leather I also got the Degreez heated and cooled seats and had them add power lumbar to drivers side seat. One thing that was disappointing was armrests are leather now but they didn't get the red stitching?

I only posted a few pics because the truck is back in the shop. The heated and cooled seats weren't working and the lumbar support was way too high. So that really sucked. But as far as the quality and look of the leather.... It is awesome! I have seen Katzkin pictures before and worried about how the leather looked bunchy in places. Even the pics I will post don't do it justice. In person this looks better than factory leather. I will update what I think about the heated and cooled seats once I get it back and that stuff is working.

For anyone considering doing the same hope the pictures help you envision what your sport could look like. Feels so much fancier and finished now. Total cost was expensive. Just leather was about $2k. I am sure I could have found a cheaper place so don't ruin my day by telling me I paid too much.

See less See more
#5 ·
No matter the cost--it is way cheaper than a new vehicle.:act030:

#10 ·
Looks great. Nice job. I know you'll enjoy them. I have Katskins, too, in my 2006 RTS. Found them on ebay (new/other) for a very good price and had them installed about a year ago when I decided to keep my 2006 versus upgrading to newer model. That plus a new Pioneeer touchscreen headunit and a set of Pilot 18" takeoffs was all it took to make my RL like new to me. Total investment well under $2K versus the $15K I was looking at to upgrade to low mileage 2012 or 2013. Love this truck even more now.

#13 ·
Very nice. Love the black!

#14 ·
UPDATE on Degreez system for heating and cooling seats. This is finally working. While it doesn't meet my expectations I would still do it again. Going from cloth to leather seats makes them much hotter and uncomfortable. I was driving around with them on hot days without the cooling and I always felt hot. With the cooling on full blast I don't feel "cool" but it doesn't feel hot either. The system was expensive but after paying for seats to look nice I do think it was worth it to not make me regret going to leather. Luke warm (or cool) thumbs up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.