Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Curious how often that will fill up. Good idea though! Post the time it took to fill up.
I'm looking at this shaking my head STUV.... what am I missing here. What's this supposed to accomplish that the oil filter does not? Puzzled......

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Catch cans are to remove most of the liquid from the PCV system, thus preventing it being put back into the intake. Some engine/PCV designs need this, and engine durability is significantly improved. Others have good PCV designs and do not need/benefit from them.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Catch cans are to remove most of the liquid from the PCV system, thus preventing it being put back into the intake. Some engine/PCV designs need this, and engine durability is significantly improved. Others have good PCV designs and do not need/benefit from them.
Thanks BW.... at least now I understand the intent.

:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think this mod has been used on some direct injection engines.

Direct injection engines injecting the fuel directly into the cylinder instead of at the back of the valve, the gasoline and detergents can’t clean the valve and port.

Some have blamed the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) systems for leaving an oily film on the intake valve that is then baked into carbon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm looking at this shaking my head STUV.... what am I missing here. What's this supposed to accomplish that the oil filter does not? Puzzled......
That is why I politely asked to post up when it actually fills up....cause im sure it will take a long time to actually "catch" anything. These are mainly used in high reving/turbo motors cause of the mass amounts of head pressure and cars that have poorly designed pcv systems..

Highly doubt the ridge will benefit from this but it might keep some build up from happening...any way to confirm would require having this on for a year and checking inside the intake, then taking it off for a year. Using same gas/oil etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts