Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is in some kind of mode I can’t figure out. Maybe it is anti-theft, fault, no idea.

I may have triggered it with my obd2 dongle. My girlfriends car has a code flashing so I tried to read and erase it, but could not connect via WiFi To the dongle. So I unlocked the truck, plugged in the dongle, and tried to start so I could test it in the truck. I have used it in both vehicles and others in the past.

Truck would not start. In fact nothing electrical would work: can’t get into ignition accessory mode, locks don’t work (even using the armrest switch), no 4-way flashers. Nothing. Just the start button flashing white if I touch it. Tried my spare fob, which I have never used, nothing. Put my charger on the battery and it says the battery is fine.

Read up on dead fobs, learned about holding the fob against the start button. That worked, truck started up and everything works as normal. Except I notice that the gauge hands jitter for a few seconds before shifting to normal position. No error codes, all doors show as closed. All windows/doors/accessories work as normal when running.

When I shut the truck off, back to same condition: nothing works at all. No locks, no flashers. Right now I cannot lock the doors and walk away except with the hard key

Current condition
-no remote start
-no unlock from door handle contact
-no proximity start with start button unless I hold the key against the button for 3s
-cannot lock doors from armrest or fob
-cannot open gas door unless car is running

It has somehow shut down all electrical functions unless the fob is held to the start button and truck is started.

2017 rtl-awd, bought new, no electrical mods, 75k miles

Help!
Matt

·
Registered
674 Posts
Did you test the battery of the fobs? And are they near anything that would mess with connection. Sometimes when my iPhone or wallet is next to fob. It blocks the connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a new battery in one of the fobs and no difference. Never got a low battery warning either.

I can't imagine the fob status would prevent me from putting on the flashers, or opening the gas fill.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That appears to be a problem with making updates (like new keys) to the security settings using the honda diagnostic tool. I have the same keys that have worked fine since new, and do not have i-HDS.

My best guess is that the Smart Entry system is down. I found the Smart fuse but it looked fine, that would have been the easy solution. There is a "Smart Power Control Unit" somewhere under the dash that controls all the keyless functions. Maybe power to all the other accessories runs through that when the car is powered off.

I've had no luck finding an online wiring diagram, though I read I can purchase access to one through techinfo.honda.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow-up in case anyone has a similar problem. My Hazard fuse was blown, 10A in the driver-side under-hood fuse box.

With this fuse blown I lost:
-All ignition off electrical (remote start, electric locks, key fob unlock, key fob proximity for start, hazards, lights, 12C). With the exception of the power seats, which still worked
-Everything worked with the car powered up (not sure I checked the Hazards).

I gave up on following any logic path and just started pulling all the fuses one-by-one until I found the blown one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts