Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Key fob not working, alarm going off

5518 Views 2 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Flyboy
I drove the truck on Friday when it was raining with no issues. We had rain most of the day Friday and all day yesterday. I went out this morning to get my sunglasses out of the truck as we were taking the wifes car somewhere and the fog wouldn't unlock the doors. I tried several times even up close on the drivers side. Thinking the fob battery was dead I used the key to unlock the drivers door and the stupid alarm started going off. would not helFob p , putting the key in the ignition and starting the truck didn't help. Finally opened the hood and took off the positive lead to the battery. We went on our errand and about 2 hours later I was back at the house. I tried hooking up the batter - alarm was still going off.

I've read several of the threads on the board about the alarm and hope I'm not going to have to spend a lot of money on this. Will the alarm continue to sound or will it stop after a bit? It went for at least 45 seconds to a minute or more this morning. I've not had problems with it going off randomly. My battery looks pretty new but I can't find a date on it.

I really dislike car alarms. It would be find with me if I could disable it totally (the horn sounding part) but I guess that's not an option.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Crisis averted. It appears to be the fob. I hooked the battery back up which set the alarm to blaring. I had a second key fob in a drawer and had gotten it out. It worked fine and stopped the alarm. I'll check the battery in the other as it will not operate the locks. the second one will. I still dosn't understand why the alarm would disable after using the key in the door.
Crisis averted. It appears to be the fob. I hooked the battery back up which set the alarm to blaring. I had a second key fob in a drawer and had gotten it out. It worked fine and stopped the alarm. I'll check the battery in the other as it will not operate the locks. the second one will. I still dosn't understand why the alarm would disable after using the key in the door.
Correction the alarm wouldn't disable.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.