Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem:
Unable to lock the truck via the Key Fob.
However, I am able to unlock the truck via the FOB. One press unlocks drivers door, two unlock all other doors.
Also If i lock the truck manually when I click the Lock button on the FOB the alarm will sound.

Troubleshooting
Changed Key FOB battery twice
New Truck Battery
Press the Lock on the Fob and checked for noises in the doors. No noise was coming from any of the doors (door lock actuators)

Is there a way to test either the key fob or lock actuator without pulling the door apart(this is my driver so i perfer not to have it in peices while testing? I did the battery test thing at autozone and it does show its receiving a signal when pressing the lock buttonShould my next step be to replace the key fob or the driver's side actuator?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,595 Posts
Re: Key & Keyfob partial loss of function w/ kicker

Sorry, but I have to ask. Why is this issue not in the hands of the dealer under a warranty claim?

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Re: Key & Keyfob partial loss of function w/ kicker

This sounds like a door switch or the hood switch isn't open (closed?). Those are what trigger the alarm and you can't lock the doors if any of them are open. Also, check to make sure you haven't left your second fob inside the truck.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,595 Posts