Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Ridgeline. 210,000 km canadian.

To NSXer earlier post.
Same issue sometimes what gear I am in lights up sometimes it doesnt. Also sometimes the park doesnt seem to fully engage/click etc and I cant get keys out but lever is in park. Just has to be wiggled pushed up in certain direction, etc. Very annoying. Did you actually get this fixed and did it work do you have anymore issues. Can I get maybe another explanation lol no so longterm of the fix and part used.

Anyone please let me know if someone's fixed this and it worked
Thanks!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds like the beginning of worn out "tumblers" and keys, I had to get my 06 ignition re-keyed (replaced old tumblers) and had some new keys cut at the dealership using the vin #. The keys I got were just the shell/case and key than I put the internals from the old key into the new ones. By the way a good locksmith should be able to do this also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah your right on withwhat I was thinking next I'm gonna be trying 2nd key tomorrow see how it goes. Yeah internals cost the money so key cut and shell make sense.

Appreciate that, I will be following up with what worked for me/ fixed the issue.

Anyone else please feel free to share a different scenario/opinion.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update* 2nd key just the same thing happens. I'm sure it's just as worn by the looks of it anyways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, Brake light switch right above pedal less then 15 bucks. Replaced and adjusted a bit. Havent had the problem since, been a week. Knock on wood lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts