Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E in pewter pacific metallic
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning I experienced a single vehicle accident in North Seattle. (This is the dumbest thing I have ever done in all my years of driving) In the total dark and heavy rain (wipers on high) I missed a left hand turn and proceeded on in the left turn lane where it suddenly ended into a center divider on this 4 lane highway. My poor old ridge jumped onto the divider and struck a tree in the divider. The tree stopped me at a speed of about 30mph. It penetrated into the engine compartment.
Dead RTL with 334,053 miles. USAA has already purchased it from me for $6,973.88 after my $250.00 deductible. End of life for a great vehicle that never let me down. I'll be looking for another one for at least another year and a half.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ridgeline RTLT in the odd 'green' shade. stock, with bed cover, I am 02nd owner
207 Posts
I 'weep for the death of the Ridgeline' but I am glad you are intact. Now you need a Memorial Service for the noble R/L who died to save you!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The old buddy served and protected you well. How often did you change timing belt, every 100K? So you have 3 done in its total life span?

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Just like loosing an old friend..... Very hard to replace.

Sarcasm: Until you drive a new one.

Glad you were otherwise protected and safe. Lots of miles, lots of memories.

·
Registered
3 Posts
nothing hurts more than losing such an awesome friend that you spent so much time in and traveled around. only tning to do is find another ...still very sad. after i paid mine off i got very scared of getting clobbered and sure enough it did. 2 times. once rear ended and even pushed me into vehicle in front of me. then a kid in a old ford pickup slammed into the side. 28,000 in damage. pissed me off insurance wouldnt total her. but she got fixed and been years and no problems. shes a 2009 and only has 110,000 miles on her. runs better than ever. my condolences.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sorry to hear about the misfortune. At least you have not been injured.
My burning question is what you would replace the RL with?
Another 1G , a 2G or another brand?
Never have I owned such a utilitarian truck.
The 1G design was a masterful.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear about the misfortune. At least you have not been injured.
My burning question is what you would replace the RL with?
Another 1G , a 2G or another brand?
Never have I owned such a utilitarian truck.
The 1G design was a masterful.

I am still mentally hurting that I did such a stupid thing to my perfectly good RTL. Today I emptied about 6'' worth of receipts in my file cabinet starting with the original window sticker.

Anyway I have put $1,000.00 down on a Rivian R1T that won't be built until mid 2021. So in the meantime I plan to order a 2021 RTL-E if I can wait until they are introduced. If I had held off destroying my 08 for a couple of weeks it would have worked out better.

I don't expect to get "as far down the road" with either of these new vehicles. I don't expect anything to compare to that 08.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,325 Posts
I am sorry to hear that bud and though it is awful, as we all say, things could have been worse. You are safe, just a bit of a hurt of your ego.
I wish you the best on the vehicle hunting, and if you do end up getting the R1T, I wanna live through your experience :). I do admire that truck, despite my reservations about it.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got to have Ridgeline wheels now. Just now doing the Costco buy on a 2020 RTL-E. Wanted a 2021 but can't wait with nothing to drive.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kind of like going shopping in Costco. Maybe it doesn't work that way with our neighbor to the north. Most Costcos have a new vehicle sitting in front of the store with a description of what to do to buy it or another somewhat like it.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,781 Posts
Wow. I just now saw this post. Sorry to hear about the accident Terry. I was gonna tell you to contact @henni and see if he has any low mileage late model G1s available, but I see you've already moved on!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow. I just now saw this post. Sorry to hear about the accident Terry. I was gonna tell you to contact @henni and see if he has any low mileage late model G1s available, but I see you've already moved on!
Thank you, I even thought about Henni but then I'd have to fly(which I'm not thrilled about) and then drive it from southern FL to NW WA in the middle of winter. (My wife was not in favor of this solution). I'm a guy that has to drive somewhere almost every day and I'll get used to this RTL-E I hadn't anticipated on owning.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,781 Posts
Thank you, I even thought about Henni but then I'd have to fly(which I'm not thrilled about) and then drive it from southern FL to NW WA in the middle of winter. (My wife was not in favor of this solution). I'm a guy that has to drive somewhere almost every day and I'll get used to this RTL-E I hadn't anticipated on owning.
Kinda surprised you didn't hold out for a 2021. But at least you got the paddle shifters!

I take it the old Ridgeline did its job and protected you? No injuries?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just like loosing an old friend..... Very hard to replace.

Sarcasm: Until you drive a new one.

Glad you were otherwise protected and safe. Lots of miles, lots of memories.
I don't know, man... Those 2nd gens can't seem to match the 1st gens... This was a tragedy, but, it served a good long life, so, R.I.P...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yesterday morning I experienced a single vehicle accident in North Seattle. (This is the dumbest thing I have ever done in all my years of driving) In the total dark and heavy rain (wipers on high) I missed a left hand turn and proceeded on in the left turn lane where it suddenly ended into a center divider on this 4 lane highway. My poor old ridge jumped onto the divider and struck a tree in the divider. The tree stopped me at a speed of about 30mph. It penetrated into the engine compartment.
Dead RTL with 334,053 miles. USAA has already purchased it from me for $6,973.88 after my $250.00 deductible. End of life for a great vehicle that never let me down. I'll be looking for another one for at least another year and a half.
I slammed into the side of a drunk driver that made a bad left turn in front of me, at about 30mph, in my last favorite truck, a preTacoma Toyota, and got messed up... my face tore by the windshield, my ribs separated by the seat belt... months of anger and agony... nice to know my Ridgeline won't do that to me, thanks... may she R.I.P.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Feetdry,
Hoping you give us a review/ comparison/ likes/ dislikes on 1G to 2G.

Reactions: feetdry
1 - 20 of 20 Posts