Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,
i am hoping that someone can help me.....we had our first frost this morning and i tried to gently remove it but somehow scratched my windshield...then i discovered that my washer solvent doesn't squirt...i looked under the hood in the engine compartment for a kink in the hose but did not see one. does anyone know where the "imfamous" kink might be? has it been found under the cowel panel? and does anyone know what i can use to try to get the scratch out of the glass????please help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Hi subee,

Glad to see another Steel Blue... Unfortunately I've haven't come across anything about a kink in the wiper line...I'll suggest the dealers service department.... But the windshield can be fixed by your local glass repair shop....maybe you can see if your dealers service dept. has anyone they would recommend. Wish the best of luck in your fix. Happy Holidays!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
Was it cold enough to freeze the washer fluid if someone had just put water in the tank?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,074 Posts
subee said:
hello all,
i am hoping that someone can help me.....we had our first frost this morning and i tried to gently remove it but somehow scratched my windshield...then i discovered that my washer solvent doesn't squirt...i looked under the hood in the engine compartment for a kink in the hose but did not see one. does anyone know where the "imfamous" kink might be? has it been found under the cowel panel? and does anyone know what i can use to try to get the scratch out of the glass????please help
Are both jets failing? Did they ever work or just stopped when you got frost?
There's a single tube from the motor which is located on the rightside of the washer bottle against the inner panel infront of the wheel arch and that goes up to a non-return valve before heading on to the splitter and going to each jet. Try tracing the line and see if it's pinched anywhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
both jets are failing. the fluid is not frozen. i traced the line as far as i could....then it went under the cowel panel...i was hoping someone could tell me where they found their kink before i attempt to remove the panel. i know i read about this somewhere on this site......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i just learned how to use the windshield washer.....by pushing the button on the end of the turn signal lever.....imagine that!, however, what is supposed to happen when you turn the lever to "mist"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
subee said:
well, i just learned how to use the windshield washer.....by pushing the button on the end of the turn signal lever.....imagine that!, however, what is supposed to happen when you turn the lever to "mist"?
The Mist function is for when it is not raining much and you just need one quick swipe of the wipers to clear the windshield.

Glad you figured it out :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks...that makes sense...i guess i was expecting something else since the owners manual says the wipers work on high speed when you use the mist setting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
The Mist function is for when it is not raining much and you just need one quick swipe of the wipers to clear the windshield.
The mist function will operate for as many swipes as you hold it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
subee said:
well, i just learned how to use the windshield washer.....by pushing the button on the end of the turn signal lever.....imagine that!, however, what is supposed to happen when you turn the lever to "mist"?
This happened to me also!

I also have a Pilot and the controls are different...

I really need to think before I attempt to turn on something!

Your not alone!

TL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,056 Posts
subee said:
thanks...that makes sense...i guess i was expecting something else since the owners manual says the wipers work on high speed when you use the mist setting.
If you hold it in the mist position, they will wipe at high speed.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top