Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wanted to make everyone aware that we now have a way to adjust fuel maps, set ignition timing and a whole host of other settings... and no im not talking about a cruddy piggyback this can truly reflash the stock ECU.

KTuner is still a little bit limited for our application right now (no live tuning yet) only adjust then upload but it works great and will have many more features as the Dev gets time. I believe I might be the first on here to have it.

http://ktuner.com/0914ridgeline/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ya I am wondering if there is a ecu from a newer year we can use with a conversion harness. I'm also interested and I have an 06.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone with more knowledge than I would need to chime in on that I'm not sure how different the wiring is. I do know that the engine and trans are different so I highly doubt it would be easy plug and play. You would also need to have the new ECU programmed for your keys which have an immobilizer chip. That might be the easiest part though because anyone that has a honda HDS can do it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I do. I bought one as soon as the software support was there for the Ridgeline. I have tweaked my fuel maps to make up for it trying to run lean with deleted precats. Ooh and also the speed limiter is removed if propelling a brick at 120mph+ is your thing ;-)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I do. I bought one as soon as the software support was there for the Ridgeline. I have tweaked my fuel maps to make up for it trying to run lean with deleted precats. Ooh and also the speed limiter is removed if propelling a brick at 120mph+ is your thing ;-)

Awesome! Any notable gains in power or mpg?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No MPG gains with the way I drive. But it did get rid of the flat spot in the powerband that you can really feel from 2000-3000 rpm when heading up hill. If you want an mpg gain you can adjustbthe fuel cutoff to 4k rpm and get it tuned for best efficiency.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very good to know. I'd be more inclined to purchase if I knew how compatible our motor is with others out there. It kills me knowing that there are torque-ier and higher hp j series motors out there for vehicles built on the same chassis.

Part of me knows honda would choose the best fit for the Ridgeline platform. But the other side of me knows that, as a company, if I only sell about 15k trucks a year compared to 250k civics sold in a year, I'm not going to invest a whole lot of time and research on a vehicle if it isn't the breadwinner for Honda.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm telling you if I ever blow my stock engine. I WILL be doing some sort of Frankenstein swap keeping the J35z5 block but going with 09 TL J35Z6 pistons for higher compression. I don't know if we can use the j37 crank and rods, but if so I will go that route too. Now to go bounce off the rev limiter some more haha!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And I am dead serious. I've had a Turbo D series and K-swapped a 2001 civic.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yup I had an H22 integra then I parked it to build my k series. About 6 years and a ridgeline later. I got rid of everything but my k swap stuff. One of these days I'll get back into it again. Small mods on the Ridgeline will have to work for now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
And I am dead serious. I've had a Turbo D series and K-swapped a 2001 civic.
So I almost pulled the trigger on the TL shawd & zdx tb upgrade this weekend, then came across this thread. And the pricing between that and ktuner are pretty comparable.

My truck is essentially bone stock, but I have converted to full synthetic oil and I do run 93 octane. Would you agree that ktuner is the better investment? With some mods to the air fuel map, would you say that mpg gains would be noticeable? Assuming relatively conservative driving?

If I had to prioritize, it would mpg, then performance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I almost pulled the trigger on the TL shawd & zdx tb upgrade this weekend, then came across this thread. And the pricing between that and ktuner are pretty comparable.

My truck is essentially bone stock, but I have converted to full synthetic oil and I do run 93 octane. Would you agree that ktuner is the better investment? With some mods to the air fuel map, would you say that mpg gains would be noticeable? Assuming relatively conservative driving?

If I had to prioritize, it would mpg, then performance.
I would say that if you value fuel economy definitely go with KTuner and let whoever does your tune know your priorities. DBW throttle maps can be updated to make the throttle less responsive at tip in, and make it act like an "eco mode". You could conceivably gain even more with leaning things out and adjusting the timing but at a certain point it will feel like a dog. Its important to work with a good tuner to find balance.

is there a way to make it work on 2007 model ridgeline
Unfortunately not at this time. Best bet would be to shoot them an email and ask if anything is in the works.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ooh and I have this sitting in my garage waiting for me to find the right weekend to handle the install. I'm planning on getting tuned by Bisimoto. :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So has anyone used the ktuner yet? I'm waiting for reviews
Yes I am currently running KTuner with my j37 swap and it works flawlessly. I got tuned by Bisimoto and put down 262 HP and 266 ft lb to the wheels!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts