Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my area, I've noticed that all of the Honda dealer ads in the newspaper dropped the "Ridgeline now available" in their ads. I wonder why?

The dealer where I got mine still has the same 2 that they covered in options..I have senn them deliver other though.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
maybearidge said:
In my area, I've noticed that all of the Honda dealer ads in the newspaper dropped the "Ridgeline now available" in their ads. I wonder why?

The dealer where I got mine still has the same 2 that they covered in options..I have senn them deliver other though.
These ads are often "co-op" ads - paid for by a regional dealer network (i.e. New England Honda Dealers Assoctiation) or by Honda Motor Company itself. We had the same ads in my local paper the past few weeks. I'd bet the ad run is over. If Honda is selling all they can make, then ok, but I still say Honda gaffed the introduction of this vehicle.

Your dealer may be keeping one as a 6 month demo, and who knows about the other one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just for giggles I did the internet option for the Ridgeline at the dealer I plan to buy from. He sends back an email the next day asking more specifics about which Ridge I want. I tell him the exact color with Nav/XM moonroof. He sends back that it would be 2 to 3 months at best to get it. If I am will ing to wait he could order it.
Not sure if that means they are backed up on orders or special options are hard to request.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hershytx,

Most likely it means he has one in a color, and option package no one wants, so he hopes you will take it rather than wait.

hersheytx said:
Just for giggles I did the internet option for the Ridgeline at the dealer I plan to buy from. He sends back an email the next day asking more specifics about which Ridge I want. I tell him the exact color with Nav/XM moonroof. He sends back that it would be 2 to 3 months at best to get it. If I am will ing to wait he could order it.
Not sure if that means they are backed up on orders or special options are hard to request.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Funny you say that...Just checked my email and sure enough he says if I do not want to wait he has another color with all my options ready to go.
Go figure. Think I will wait. It may only be 3 or 4 weeks I bet.
This truck is going to be with everything I want and the color. No comprimising. Its tough enough living with something for 4 or 5 years when its just not perfect.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wonder if sales are slowing due to high gas prices? My dealer has their inventory on line and they (say) they have 15 ridgelines. When I bought mine a month ago there were only 2 or 3. Two other nearby dealers have 5 and 11 respectively.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am a prospective Ridgeline buyer, and I found this forum today. I noticed this thread and I had posted a somewhat related message over at Edmunds (largely ignored).... I'm considering a purchase or lease, but was wondering about this (as was my wife)....is anyone else out there seeing many Ridgelines on the road? I drive the highways of northern NJ (which are densely filled with cars and people) an awful lot on a regular basis, and since the Ridge was first delivered at the start of March...I've seen a grand total of one rolling along the highways and roads when I was out there. One. Oh, I did see one other one sitting in a driveway as well.

I know that Honda says its met its sales numbers for March (I'm sure the data on April will be similar)...but I don't see them on the road, and I do see dealer inventories beginning to swell...I was looking at am Amazon Green RTL weeks ago, dealer only had one and gave me the "don't you want to put down a deposit on this one so no one else takes it" speech...and weeks later its still there, as I knew it had been, and I suspected it would be.

I also noticed the same thing about lack of dealer advertising in local newspapers.

Comments welcome.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It really takes a while to notice new model vehicles on the road. I waited months and months to see some Tacomas and now that my Ridgeline is in the driveway I have seen three Tacomas on the road this week.

In Northern Virginia, I have seen ONE RL on the road two weeks ago and one on a testdrive at a dealership since they came out, and I have been looking!

I took my son to a lacrosse game today in the pouring rain. It was great for him to throw the gear in the back and not worry about his muddy cleats on the rubber floor mat. I'm really enjoying it!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Before I drove mine home, I saw 3 in my area.

2 days after I got mine, I saw 2 in one day and my wife aprked next to one at the local zoo.

They are out there. Just keep looking.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Honda Cars of Bellevue in Bellevue, Nebraska ("suburb" of Omaha) has 20 Ridgelines sitting on their lot. Sadly, none are Navi models. Anyway, go to their website, www.hondacarsofbellevue.com and contact them through there, and they should be able to make a decent deal to get rid of them. They have always treated me very good on my purchases and trades. I myself plan on purchasing my RL there once I am ready.

On a separate note, I called my insurance company, and they state they do not have any information on the 2006 Ridgeline yet, so they are only able to base insurance rates off of the retail value of the vehicle. Sadly, this has pushed my purchase back further as this company has the best rates for my current driving record... *sigh*

·
Registered
114 Posts
I haven't seen one on the road yet either. I have had mine a month and a half. I live in CT with a Honda and a Toyota dealer in town. Now I have only seen one Tacoma on the road since they came out in Oct and I am always looking. I know the Honda dealer is selling them because the lot keeps changing over. I guess it just a wide dispersion of where the owners live. It is nice not having to be in a pack of the same cars as yourself though. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts