Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(800) 343-7486

Kargo Master would like to introduce our newest ladder rack made
specifically for the Honda Ridgeline with Ridgeline users in mind.

Here are the features and benefits:

NO DRILLING REQUIRED

2” High Tensil Steel
(800) 343-7486
Zinc Primed
Powder Coated
Grade 5 Zinc Chromate Hardware
Attaches to the factory mounting holes
Assembly required

www.kargomaster.com

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Do the rear rack uprights affect operation of the in-bed trunk?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Is it possible for you to explain (or show a picture) that shows how the rack attaches to the truck?
I am very curious how you've accomplished this - especially without impacting the trunk operation.
Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are four mounting points in the bed where the legs mount to. This mounts the rack at the strongest points on the bed. We are in the process of getting the rack photographed. When the pictures are available I will get them posted.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are there any more available pictures? I am very interested in seeing what this looks like, but the picture shown looks stretched or something. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm still waiting for more info myself. Been a while since an update on this. I hope they don't drop the ball on this rack. I suggested they stop the rack midway over the cab and not all the way to the front. Its too large for the scale of the truck as is. If they do this, or offer as an option, I'd buy this rack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Everyone. Thank you to everyone that has posted and send me mails. Here is where we currently stand. Last week we finished making all the adjustments to the prototype.
By the end if this week, I will have photos of the actual rack. In two weeks I will have pricing and availability

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I want to start out by apologizing for the delay in getting these pictures. We did a lot of “test fitting” to make sure that every angle is correct and all dimensions are precise.
As I mentioned in the beginning “NO DRILLING REQUIRED” and that’s exactly what we made. The rack requires no drilling what so ever. When we “test fitted” the rack, we removed all the existing brackets and bolts and attached 4 out of the 6 Kargo Master mounting brackets with the original bolts from Honda.
The rack is made from 2" dia High Tensil Steel, Zinc Plated and Powder Coated.
Please take a look at the pictures and post any comments and suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Ridgeline with HPV Package in Pearl White
2,072 Posts
Very Nice! Love the way the side profile looks. Can't wait on loads, specs, price!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well since you asked for input... ;)

If I'm seeing things correctly, it looks like the horizontal rails over the cab follows the almost level plane of the cab... then the horizontal rail over the bed bends down to follow the slope of the bed... correct? If so, I think it really distorts the overall look of things... like the truck hit a big bump and it bent in half. Also, I think the downward grab loops add to the overall droopy-ness. Maybe if the main horizontal bar was level (front to back) this wouldn't matter so much. I still think there is too much rack over the cab (not a deal breaker) but I'd have to have that main horizontal bar on one "level" plane... for a buy.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for your feed back. We designed the rack with the angles to contour with the truck it self. The rear REMOVABLE cross bar is level with the other two cross bars. The original design we made had the rear side channels straight and really disproportion the rack look on the truck. All the racks that we manufacture for other trucks have the straight side channels, but that design really doesn’t work well with this truck.
The length of the front section of the rack is set at this length so that you don’t get over powered by the wind noise you would get if this section was shorter. This was tested as suggested and the amount of wind noise that was caused, you couldn’t carry a conversation with the person next to you. In reviewing this forum, we seen a lot of Ridgeline owners using there truck to carry long kayaks/canoes. So we wanted to make a rack that too would be long enough to carry small enough ladders as well as longer canoes/kayaks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yea, how much and when will it be available? I'd be happy to do some user testing for you if ya wanna hook me up with a prototype:)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Yea, how much and when will it be available? I'd be happy to do some user testing for you if ya wanna hook me up with a prototype:)
I would be willing to be a Guinea pig as well to test your product.:D;) I do a lot of highway driving. I could test it at different highway speeds. All kidding a side, looks great.:)

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Yeah, how much?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for all the comments so far. We have completed all the test fittings. Thank you for all the offers. I am hoping to get pricing within the next week.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts