21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Does this fit over a roof rack?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you for all the comments so far. We have completed all the test fittings. Thank you for all the offers. I am hoping to get pricing within the next week.
When Is this rack going to be available and for how much?
Thanks, also where will the unit be shipping from and how soon do you anticipate being able to ship them, thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I know there has been some time since my last post. Here's the latest! I have 10 Racks ready for purchase. Here are the details

2" Dia Tubing
750 lb load capacity
Black Powder Coating
NO DRILLING REQUIRED

PLEASE CALL 800.343.7486 X 210 FOR PRICING

Thank You,
Marscelles Ramirez
Customer Service and Sales Manager

·
Registered
80 Posts
That long cantilever over the cab concerns me. What would you say is the load capacity out over the center to front of that cantilevered section?
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
The load rating of the rack is set for as an evenly distributed load. You can not put a single load on just the front part of the rack.

Thank You,
Marscelles Ramirez

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would think that your engineers would have pressure tested that cantilever to it's failing point, just wondering what that is? This question also brings us to another point that was raised earlier in this thread, does the rack fit over OEM roof rack? If so, then that would lessen my concerns over the cantilever(if one has the OEM roof rack) You know people are going to drop heavy loads on that section of rack and would hate to see it bend down onto paint.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So I just took the plunge on this bad boy. I was building a deck the week before last and mis- ordered some material. Total mistake on my part. Had I had a rack, the long lumber could have been returned by me. No such luck. Assuming this thing does not fall apart immediately, which based on the pictures and the apparent volume of sales this company makes, is unlikely, I think I will be a happy camper. Hopefully it will be money well spent.

Speaking of which, it is more reasonable than I thought. He said he had 4 racks left when I called. I think he said they are retailing for around 650, but sold it to me for 549 plus tax and shipping. Stupid CA taxes... Grand total of 677 and some change. I could have saved shipping if I wanted to drive to Sacramento, but didn't really think it was worth it to go there just for that.

I'll let you guys know how it works out, and try and get some pics when it arrives!

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's on! Assembly and installation took me about 3.5 hours, mostly alone. I called in a buddy to actually lift the thing on. I was also taking my time, and it got dark half way through...

First impressions? I lost my tie downs. I don't like that, but the rack is more important to me. The rack itself has no tie downs. Tsk Tsk Tsk. It's bolt together, and I would have preferred a one piece deal. The wind noise. Yikes. It was windy in my area, and that may have had something to do with it. Past 50 or 55 it makes quite a hum. I don't like that.

But, I need a rack. So, I think I am going to find someone to weld my factory tie downs onto the rack. I also think I would like to weld the seams together. That may stiffen it up enough to cut down on the wind noise. It sways up and down a bit. I grabbed it through the sun roof on the road and that cut down the hum, but the wind noise was still there. I can live with wind noise.

If anyone wants to know anything specific about it, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not that ladder racks are supposed to be elegant, but let's be honest... This one really detracts from the overall look of the truck. Again, not that a ladder rack should be the first asthetic addition one makes to a truck for appearance's sake, but companies like System One's offering is certainly more pleasing on the eye. More so than tubular steel. And you can swing from it like a monkey and it won't move. From the looks of it it might be modified for a RL.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's funny. Everyone who has seen my rack in person has commented on how nice it makes the truck look. I guess that just goes to show what others think of the truck in the first place.

I use my truck as a carpenter. I didn't buy my truck as a fashion statement. I bought it for its utility. Furthermore, everyone has a right to have an opinion on how something looks. I am sorry it doesn't look good to you. Don't buy one. I think it looks kick-ass. I just wish it had a few more features. Luckily I think I found a welder I trust to do the work. When it's done I will show more pics.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Not trying to hi-jack Kargo Master's thread, but I just wanted to put the word out that RealTruck.Com now has the Ridgeline Racks available for shipping. We'd love to work with you, so please email or call if you have any questions.

Here's a link to our site

·
Registered
6 Posts
looks like a nice setup.

Question re- your 12 foot setup on top there.

Is the front cross bar and rear cross bar level? I noticed the side tublar frame rails for the rack are contoured angled. I need to carry a 32 foot fiberglass ladder and 12 ft. a-frame side by side and a conduit tube. is there enough room?

·
Registered
125 Posts
sandboxdoc- yes, the cross bars are level. I would think your A- frame ladder will be fine up there. Your 32' extension ladder would probably be too long. I haven't needed to load any 16' stock on mine yet, but it really would hang out quite a bit. Not to say it couldn't be done, but it wouldn't be ideal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've considered the ridgeline back in 2006 but until recently kargomaster came out with a real rack...now it's available and I'm considering a ridgeline again.

My goal is to be able to put 1 (12 ft. A-Frame) & 1 (32 ft. extension) side by side on the rack. That is my daily setup, sometimes double stack and tie-down strap them.

Questions:

1) What is the interior width of the rack?

2) What is the length between the front bar above the cab/windshield to the rear support bar for the loads?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would probably weld some rachet strap downs and weld the seams of the frame joints together.

Question - Does this fit over the factor roof rack?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Do you have a distributor in the San Francisco area?
Or, where are you and can you do will call?
I hate trying to meet up with delivery.
Thanks,
exA4

21 - 40 of 46 Posts