Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
As ladder racks go, this one looks pretty nice. If I needed one, I'd probably give Kargo Master a serious look. It would probably be a great canoe carrier, too...

·
Registered
125 Posts
exA4- They are located in Sacramento

The rack is approximately 9 feet long, and I think the tightest point is on the back, where the removeable cross bar is, at 49 and 7/8" IIRC. Everywhere else there are a few more inches width- wise.

·
Registered
545 Posts
exA4- They are located in Sacramento

The rack is approximately 9 feet long, and I think the tightest point is on the back, where the removeable cross bar is, at 49 and 7/8" IIRC. Everywhere else there are a few more inches width- wise.
I could probably do that. I haven't seen the state capitol yet.
Thanks, rainsb.
I'm looking at a kayak, and that rack looks like it might do the job.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Shipping from Sac. was a bit steep, 80 bucks, but worth it in my case. The shipper actually called me on my cell when they got to my house. I was ready to rush home but he offered to drop it in the driveway. It comes in a box on a pallett, as you must assemble yourself. If you plan on using the rack often then it is an excellent product and it really opens up the possibilities of the truck.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Driveway??? You have a driveway!!!
I have a 10' x 10' front yard with my Burgman parked in it. :p
And my back yard is accessible through a person-size gate.
I guess I'll have to make do with a roof rack and some kinda support for the back (stern). Kayak trailers are expensive.
The kayak I'm looking at is about 14 feet long, not too big. Should be no problem for a rack.
exA4

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, luckily I don't own my home, therefore I can afford a driveway. =)
If you already have a roof rack I would probably recommend something on the rear that you can remove when not needed. The rack is heavy and probably lowers the MPG. Good luck.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts