Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying some disco rims off of Craigslist just curious if anyone has had any experience doing this. I have a 2006 RTL and the serial number is ANR4849MNH if you search that in Google they come up. Thanks in advance for any responses and if nobody has done this yet here I will blaze the trail and keep everyone updated!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,385 Posts
Looks like they will look good, Please post pics once installed...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you mean they originally didn't have tpms yes that is true so I took the old valve stems out and bought new honda tpms sensors that I will have programmed at my job and put into the rims. It is a very common practice for doing aftermarket rims on a car with tpms, but feel free to elaborate at your earliest convenience.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wanted to make the plasti dip more permanent so I purchased some VHT wheel clear coat. The type that I got was the glossy stuff because I don't have too much matte stuff on my Ridgeline but they do have a matte finish one that would probably help to keep the original look of the plasti dip, but be forewarned if you do go this route the plasti dip WILL be very difficult to remove and also it kind of looks strange whenever you put on the thicker coat it looks very milky but dries right as it would seem. Other than that follow the directions on the can and in this picture they are still in the process of curing so they probably look a little spotty. I may need a few more coats however as the can says I have to wait a week or something as it cures before the next coat.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK so I did a test fit but no pictures due to time constraints but I need wheel spacers to clear the calipers and some Land Rover lugs that hold the rims in correctly. The tpms sensor however did work so at least I have that going for me.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,873 Posts
TPMS memorizes sensors automagically. No need to program.

Note:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Finished up dipping them
I just installed 19x8 Land Rover wheels on my 2007 RTS. What is the offset on your wheels? Mine are 57mm, 12mm more than stock. I was concerned about the length of the studs, so I first went with 5mm hubcentric spacers. However the front calipers touched the back of the wheels. So, I had to reorder a set of 10mm spacers. The good news is there was still plenty of thread on the lugs (I think they got about 15 turns). Tell me what the offset is and I'll give you my opinion on the thickness of spacers you might need. If your offset is between 45mm and mine, my 5mm spacers might work for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK so I did a test fit but no pictures due to time constraints but I need wheel spacers to clear the calipers and some Land Rover lugs that hold the rims in correctly. The tpms sensor however did work so at least I have that going for me.
These are the lugs I used. They have the longest shank and are the cheapest I found. If your wheels are like mine, they are about a 1/4" thicker than the stock alloys, so a longer shank is important, especially if you use spacers.

https://www.pacificwheelaccessories.com/product/chrome-mag-shank-range-rover-oem-style-lug-nut/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered and received mine they were $110 at their cheapest because they are 27mm socket size so very heavy with lots of metal I will be buying the spacers soon as I have clearance issues too without them I was just going to go with 1/4" what did you end up going with?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a set of spare 5mm adapter spacers. I ended up needing 10mm with the 57mm offset of my wheels--so I have a custom CNC milled set of the 5mm 64.1 to 74.5 hubcentric spacers I could give you a great deal on, if that works for you (never used, just a test fit). You probably know you can do a test fit to see how many mm you need with some washers on the lugs. Just make sure to do your test on the FRONT. The calipers on the front are bigger than the rear--that was a mistake I made :/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts