Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Black Edition
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone popped out and modded their lane change (close proximity) warning lights on the front doors? Wish they were brighter and maybe flashed so they'd pop more. I barely notice them when looking in the side view mirrors when changing lanes. Thought about LEDs or even a 45* prism that makes the light catch the driver eye better. Not sure how they come out either but assume the just snap in as I don't see any screws unless they're part of the whole inner door skin. These are nice to have but they are just far enough away from the side mirror to be useless in the daylight. Too bad they aren't built-in to the side mirrors. Any suggestions would be appreciated before I make an attempt and hose something up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
For what it's worth, I'll mention the factory options so you know you've tried every option. They indicate steady on when a vehicle is in the next lane over in your blind spot while at speed. From a stop and while moving, when the turn signal is activated, the light will blink and an audible warning noise will play whenever a vehicle is in the lane you've indicated changing lanes into. You can choose to disable either type of warning, or both, as it concerns lane changes when signalling. But the indicator light going steady showing a vehicle in your blind spot cannot be modified from factory settings (as far as brightness or blinking), and something aftermarket or a personal mod has to be done to change it to your liking. As far as that goes, I'm afraid I can't help you much there. Good luck if you try something though!

Reactions: InnateTech
1 - 3 of 3 Posts