Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you guys and gals that have upgraded their stock wheels also considered going with a larger brake set up. I'm sure a 20" rim is a fair amount heavier than that of the stock rim. Just a thought. Any certified techs out there that install rims and tires professionally?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good point 12VoltRidgeline, I actually looked into upsizeing my brakes, but when I search for systems online, I can't find anything larger than what comes stock on the Ridge. In the Ridges specs it says 12.6 rear, 13.1 front. Baer doesn't offer anything for it yet, but they didn't seem to have anything larger than 12 for their other applications anyways.

I will keep a look out, but since Honda's marketing refers to the Ridges brakes as "Extra Large", and says we can safely tow and stop a 5000lb load, which I probably will never do, we may be a little safer than other big wheel owners for right now.;)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Your rig is really nice looking with those wheels, PlainWhiteRidge! Unfortunately, you can't compare towing a trailer to heavier wheels. I could try to explain unsprung weight but there are people who race who could explain it far better. Try to google unsprung weight and read one of many explanations. You are still probably safe, but after reading, it really made ME think. Nice color BTW! We are the few, the proud, the WHITE Ridgeline Owners!:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good point hiPSI, I guess I wasn't so much comparing the two as commenting on what is touted as an already heavy duty brake system. But I have surely noted your comments.:)

thanks for the compliments, I did notice on the color poll, we are defintely the few and proud.

Later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts