Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, I am having a truxx 2" lift om my 2013 sport next week, can anyone please tell me what the largest 18" tire size I can install without having to cut or grind the mud flaps or any other part of the vehicle. Also was wondering how much bigger (in inches) they are compared to the stock tires. Thanks very much for the help.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
255/60/18. These are 30.0 and yours are 29.6. Assuming you're sticking with LTX MS2's. If you're going with some rugged tire you'll have to check out the factory specs. Mine are 30.5 and rub a tiny bit at 3/4 turn with flaps. You can probably get away with anything 30.2.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks slider, that's a bummer for me. I was hoping I could put a bigger tire on to get a couple more inches. I guess it doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money on new tire if I only gain a 1/2".

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't put a lift on a new one. It gives you nothing extra for tires. It's the back of the tire that hits lift or no lift.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I wouldn't put a lift on a new one. It gives you nothing extra for tires. It's the back of the tire that hits lift or no lift.
hoping it would make it look a little more bad ass. I think these vehicles look great to begin with but a couple more inches does it well. Do you agree?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Why do you have a lift or had one.
Put mine on because a guy with a 2010 parked next to me and his truck sat a lot higher than mine and looked better. His was stock. Now they sit even.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put mine on because a guy with a 2010 parked next to me and his truck sat a lot higher than mine and looked better. His was stock. Now they sit even.
Did his have stock tires when it was parked next to yours?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Completely stock.

·
Registered
222 Posts
They are 265/70 R17 BFG A/T... it's the largest you can run with a lift, the same size that Honda chose to use on their SEMA version back in 2007. You can't go any larger as 31.8" in diameter leaves approximately 1/2" between the top of the tire and the bottom of the spring perch.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are 265/70 R17 BFG A/T... it's the largest you can run with a lift, the same size that Honda chose to use on their SEMA version back in 2007. You can't go any larger as 31.8" in diameter leaves approximately 1/2" between the top of the tire and the bottom of the spring perch.
Did you have to grind the welds? Do you have any rubbing

·
Registered
385 Posts
255/60/18. These are 30.0 and yours are 29.6. Assuming you're sticking with LTX MS2's. If you're going with some rugged tire you'll have to check out the factory specs. Mine are 30.5 and rub a tiny bit at 3/4 turn with flaps. You can probably get away with anything 30.2.
Are the LTX MS2s available in 255/60-18? I don't see them on either Michelin's site or the online tire vendors. Doesn't look like there are very many choices at all in that size.

F.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I don't know. I went with biggest I could with a little rubbing. I've been meaning to modify the flaps to get rid of it all but it's looking more and more like they're going to wear down enough before I get to that. It only rubs a 1/4 inch at 3/4 turn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you rub at all and did you have to cut or change anything other then doing the lift?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are the LTX MS2s available in 255/60-18? I don't see them on either Michelin's site or the online tire vendors. Doesn't look like there are very many choices at all in that size.

F.
I went through the dilemma of the OP last year when I got my truck. To avoid cutting and mods I did manage to find a tire in this size. Refer to my own wheel/tire thread HERE.
Up until about 2 years ago this was a more common size for manufacturers, now it seems that no one makes it, and the min A/T tire size starts at 265.

How's this for a comparison, completely stock vs Truxxx w/ Tires...
That looks great, good to see the side by side pics! Makes me excited to get my lift done

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,257 Posts
For future reference, here is a spreadsheet rebturtle made describing what tires will fit on a Gen1 and whether or not modifications or lifts are needed to make them fit. Enjoy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This list is the best advice out there concerning tire sizes. I can say I experience very minor scrubbing turning on inclines with Continental Terrain contact 265/60/18's. I actually think it scrubbed a little more AFTER the lift but still have not seen the need to cut, nor is there any damage or wear marks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts