Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving by the local Honda store yesterday my daughter pointed out a small herd of Ridgelines lined up neatly in their own stalls. We were in a bit of a rush so I didn't get a good look.

Awoke this morning(always a good day when that happens) and since its a holiday up here, everything closed for the day and traffic was non existent, I took the opportunity to mill around and head to the harbour with coffee in hand.

This is what I saw along the way. Looks like the last of the first Gen Ridgelines are being turned loose. Bitter sweet but lets hope the next herd leaves as unique a mark as the ones that rolled before them.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Several to chose from in one location.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Back when the Toronto Honda Indy was gearing up there were about 20 of them in a compound 3 blocks from my house. Had to drive past them every day.....tried to get a pic but the fenced compound was too tough to get a good one to post.

This lot may be those ones now that their pr job is over

·
Registered
75 Posts
In true Honda dealer fashion, I assume no price tags listed on he windows?

·
Administrator
17,287 Posts
In true Honda dealer fashion, I assume no price tags listed on he windows?
Are "window stickers" not required to be displayed in Canada? They are in here in the US - and must be given to the buyer. There's also an additional sticker showing the dealer's pure-profit add-ons.

Back around 2003, my little brother bought a new car with the help of my step dad. Neither of them knew much about car buying at that time. By the time I became aware of the situation and offered my assistance, the damage had already been done. My brother assured me they got a "good deal" by getting several thousand off the MSRP (which was okay given the type of car it was). Long story short, the window sticker disappeared and the dealer lied about the MSRP - saying it was much higher than the window sticker that I later made them dig out of the trash. The dealer was NOT pleased with me and initially refused my request and asked me to leave. When I pointed out the law, they became more cooperative, but still refused to "right" the deal citing that the price had already been agreed and the paperwork was completed and signed. None of us ever bought another vehicle from Kilgore Ford in Kilgore, Texas.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Often they have the window sticker showing the veh & options on it, but the price is removed, so you have to talk to a salesman to get price. I don't think they have to show the full breakdown on the sticker, but provide it when you talk to salesman. They don't have to give the breakdown of dealer installed pure profit items vs factory installed, you have to ask.

Our consumer protection laws, ( or lack of) are way behind you in the States.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,405 Posts
Maybe 8-10 months ago my dealer had a small fleet, and I drove by them everyday, then one day I noticed they were all gone. I think they moved them to another Honda dealership they own....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts