Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Would you come to Marysville, OH for the first International ROC Meet?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok - so it seems that I am in charge of a possible meet in late July. I am a resident of Marysville, Oh - one of the homes of Honda of America. Of particular note, the R&D folks who developed our Ridgeline are here.

What I am proposing is a meet during Honda Homecoming (the motorcycles meet - we have the North America motorcycle plant here) and the Union County Fair (and if you haven't been to a county fair, we've got a small, but nice one!).

One of our members works for Honda and has said that he is willing to look into a number of things for us to do (please remember, these are POSSIBILITIES, not certainties - we need to get confirmation from Honda):
1) Plant Tour - motorcycle, engine, and/or production of cars/SUV's
2) Q&A session w/ R&D folks who designed out trucks
3) drive out trucks on the test track
4) Evening BBQ (my place - part of the "RidgeFest")
5) drive to a scenic part of OH for pics, picnic, etc (Element Group last year drove down to Old Man's Cave for picnic and photos)
6) Columbus Zoo/Wyandot Lake (water park) time
7) Drive down to the WILDS (endangered animal park outside of Zanesville)
8) Hang
9) any other suggestions that would be of interest to the group

There is plenty of hotel space in the Columbus area (I'll admit that Marysville doesn't have a huge amount of hotel space) - Dublin, OH does have lots of hotels in all price ranges (those of you who follow pro golf, the Memorial Tournament is held in Dublin, OH every year).

So - before I do a whole lot more work on this -

WHO'S Interested?

This is NOT a commitment, just a poll to see how many people would be up for this.

-ridgeln

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ridgeln....

Thanks for taking the lead on this! I think it's a great idea and I would love to join in (like most folks, schedule permitting..... my own issues are a ton of family serious illnesses).

Living in Greenville, SC (home of BMW North America HQ and plant), a number of years ago I owned a BMW Z-3 roadster..... we had a great owners' club and had an annual homecoming event here in Greenville at BMW.... They still do; however, my roadster is long gone (by the way, I highly recommend this event held each Labor Day weekend for any Z-3 or Z-4 owners)....

At any rate, this would be a ton of fun.....

:D :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
She's OBVIOUSLY joking! And, as I sat there at the table in Damons and watched this idea come to life in front of me......I just knew I wanted to be part of it. I almost peed myself with excitement!

Please, count me in!

Highlights for me would be:

1. Plant tour (cars/suvs)
2. The small town carnival thingy sounds fun!
3. BBQ at your place. PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
4. Test Track! Oh, that would be fun!
5. Group photos. We do that so well. Maybe some of us could illegaly drive on the grass around the Honda Offices!

I am looking forward to this!!!!!

fins

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I was thinking it would be great to meet at some fine National Park or Monument (Grand Canyon, Utah Parks, etc.) . . . but when I read your post, it sounds like you've got some great ideas for "Honda" related events. Maybe we could do a Nat'l Park meet separately?:)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
You can count me in! I am willing to help out in any way that I can. The sooner that we can commit and set a firm date, the sooner that people can lock in vacation days.

If everyone tests out their in bed ice chest by bringing their favorite beer to share, home brews encouraged, we could really have a good time! Of course this would have to be held after everyone has landed for the evening at a hotel since we could not have anyone on the road after the tasting starts.
Just a suggestion.
Dad

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ohio...? Let's see, that's somewhere on the east side of the Rockies, isn't it? :p

I voted 'no thanks' since it is I-don't-know-how-far from me, but your possible fun stuff sure makes it tempting! I'll just lurk here for a while.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
What could be better than a planned cross country trip in a Ridgeline that included a ROC meet with a bunch of great people and their Ridgelines? The ROC meet could be the 'during' part of a great before, during and after vacation road trip.:)

L

·
0 Posts
farmguy said:
Ohio...? Let's see, that's somewhere on the east side of the Rockies, isn't it? :p

I voted 'no thanks' since it is I-don't-know-how-far from me, but your possible fun stuff sure makes it tempting! I'll just lurk here for a while.
If you convoy with Webwader, Stone, minihummer, mugen and the others, time will go by so fast because you'll be having so much fun you'll be here before you know it. :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sounds like a possibility. Our 06 Accord was made in Marysville but we would bring the Ridgeline up there for sure.

How far is Marysville from the Conneaut Lake area? That is a great vacation destination also. When we lived in Pittsburgh for 11 years we loved heading over to Ohio; so much neat stuff to do, especially in the summer.

Thanks for looking into this!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Unfortunately, it is looking pretty iffy for us at this point. We already have about a month of the summer committed and some of that is in July, but at this point I'm keeping my options open, just in case.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, Tex, you can be the "Official Pace Car of the Ridgeline Owners Group" - and the good thing is that we are friends with the Sheriff of Union County, so he can make sure you get a nice jail cell and not place the bail too high :D .

The weekend that we are looking at is July 29 & 30 (Honda has NOT set Homecoming weekend as of yet). This is NOT set in stone as the Union County fair date has also not been set. This is part of why I have not set a specific date as yet. I will post specifics as soon as A) I get out of the dog house w/ TMac (you all saw the "Ridgeln PM TMac") and B) these dates get firmed up. Sorry I cannot get anything firmer.

more info:
http://www.marysvilleohio.org/honda_homecoming.htm

http://www.ohio.honda.com/news/homecoming/index.cfm

As for party - we've got 7 acres and a 30 x 40 pole barn w/ 10x40 porch so plenty of space to park Ridgelines and spread out. We will also try to make sure we get a block of rooms somewhere for everyone to be able to stay in one place ("Dad" aka Ultra-Hog is right - we want to be safe and responsible!).

I know that there will be t-shirts (thanks LadyRidge) and other stuff. w/ 11 already voting a "yes" in less than 12 hrs of the poll, I'd say this will move forward as quickly as I can make it happen.

-ridgeln

1 - 20 of 130 Posts