Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
That front pic is 100% Pilot. While the new RL will likely look similar, I think it will be a little different, particularly the lower fascia contours. Look at post #5408 photos in the "big" thread.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is from an advertising firm working on print adds for the new Ridgeline.
This is a preliminary/working draft.
They said mid to late January they can officially release the final print.

I think I'll place a Bull bar on the front to toughen up the look when I get mine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No. That's a Pilot front.

And we already know the fog lights and turn signals will be in a different spot on the ridge from the latest spy shots.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If the Ridgeline front looks the Pilot, it's a deal breaker for me. The only weaker front end I've seen on a pickup was on the 2004 Tacoma. At the very least, it needs a bigger grille to differentiate it from the Pilot.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
If the Ridge-lot gets a poor reception from truck buyers, maybe Honda will offer an accessory package with a different grill to toughen up the front...but that might not be enough to save it from minivan ridicule.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Here is the actual picture, add some shadow effect to the outer edge and black out the rims... It is a Honda image, just that of a Pilot

Attachments

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
If the Ridge-lot gets a poor reception from truck buyers, maybe Honda will offer an accessory package with a different grill to toughen up the front...but that might not be enough to save it from minivan ridicule.
The majority comments 2nd Gen (not on here) now say it's a Pilot some say it's only a Odyssey. The 1st Gen comments always Odyssey. They never mention Ridgeline linked to MDX.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Would like 90 seconds of life back.

·
Registered
744 Posts
This is from an advertising firm working on print adds for the new Ridgeline.
Not for long if they keep leaking confidential information.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The majority comments 2nd Gen (not on here) now say it's a Pilot some say it's only a Odyssey. The 1st Gen comments always Odyssey. They never mention Ridgeline linked to MDX.
The new Pilot garnered heaps of ridicule for looking too much like the Odyssey from all sides. I just figured the new Ridge-lot would likely get the same scorn for its front end.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Are the new Pilots sales high, I have only see ONE on the road here since introduced. Maybe Im lookin to hard and they do look to much like a Odyssey. There are hundereds of CRVs and older Pilots drivin around.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are the new Pilots sales high, I have only see ONE on the road here since introduced. Maybe Im lookin to hard and they do look to much like a Odyssey. There are hundereds of CRVs and older Pilots drivin around.
I've seen at least ten new Pilots around the north Dallas suburbs. And I'm not talking about test drives near the dealership either.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If the Ridgeline front looks the Pilot, it's a deal breaker for me. The only weaker front end I've seen on a pickup was on the 2004 Tacoma. At the very least, it needs a bigger grille to differentiate it from the Pilot.
Agree....glad I got an RL before they stopped making them...these things hold their value so well...it blue books for about what we paid for it, but not getting rid of it :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Could this be the real deal?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I bet it's real close.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts