Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so i'm tiring of the OEM HU in '14 SE. I had a Kenwood DNX990hd before and miss the Garmin and HD radio.

The Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX has piqued my interest. I like the updated touch screen and the dual-zone A/V outputs. Looks like the GPS is 'HERE' and they supply Garmin so it can't be bad?

I have a HTC M8 smartphone and wonder now that it is a couple of years old, how it will work with the Android Auto?

Will I need the SiriusXM SXV300 tuner or will the XM tuner on the back wall of the RL work?

I will probably wait till the price drops some, but in the meantime am open to suggestions from those of you than know alot more about this sort of thing than I. I have no problem following instructions to connect a bunch of wires and do the install myself, but other than that my audio knowledge is pretty low.

What's new in Car Audio worth waiting for? What other HU's meet the mark?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130810...X.html?showAll=N&search=AVIC-8100NEX&skipvs=T

· Registered
5,676 Posts
I wished I knew why some of these are so expensive, other than just having a much larger screen, advanced GPS, Nav, phone integration, being able to play FLAC files, Car play, Mirror link and other video ports or related features. I guess that justifies the price for many. It is more about comfort, convenience and luxury, keeping speakers in factory locations and no amplifiers.

The crossover options, and most audio features are no different from a single din HU for under $200.

I doubt the Honda XM box will work. These days XM and sirius services may be a thing of the past, with extra cheap phone data plans, Pandora and many other great service apps available for phones with even better audio quality and no commercials, even the free Itunes radio may be better than XM.

· Registered
22 Posts
Agreed, XM/Sirrus is on its death bed. Touch screens, other than the use of a back up monitor, are really play things. Good steering wheel controls (or optimally, voice controls) are much better at screen navigation than reaching and fiddling with tiny icons that can be funky in the wide range of temperature that autos encounter. I replaced my touch screen after a short period of time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.