Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to the site. I'm wondering if anybody can give me an idea where a 3 year lease price should be with about 12,000 miles a year for a 2014 rtl that lists for $35700
I don't want to walk into the dealer cold. Any info would help.

Thanks
Ivan

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
With a lease, you negotiate a price just like you would with a purchase. So it'll be whatever you can talk your way down to.

The things that go into a lease payment are the depreciation of the truck over time (sales price minus the forecast turn-in value, called the capitalized cost), the cost of money, and any fees/taxes.

The cost of money will vary based on your credit history. In a purchase this is the interest rate. In a lease it's the money factor. Take an interest rate you know you could get, divide it by 2400, and that's the money factor.

In a lease you don't own the car - the leasing company does. They will pass any sales tax (monthly) along to you, as well as any property tax. Because they can.

This article explains it pretty well.

http://www.money-zine.com/financial-planning/leasing-or-buying-a-car/money-factors-in-car-leases/

Chip H.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Also, leasing makes the best sense if you can write off the payments as a business expense. This usually requires a vehicle with a GVWR of over 6000 pounds, and the 1st generation Ridgeline just makes this figure.

Talk to your accountant for more info.

Chip H.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts