Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local Honda Dealer uses "Lexol Products".

Any comments on the Lexol Leather Conditioner for leather interior?

Any comments on any other product that is highly reccommended to clean, protect and condition leather without "damaging"?

Thanks!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have used the Lexol products on my classic British cars for a few years and like them very much. The cleaner works well and is gentle, the conditioner is OK for light conditioning. However, for a really GOOD conditioning, I'd highly recommend Connolly Hide Care. This product is used widely by classic car restorers and recommended by maufacturers such as Jaguar, Ferrari, and Rolls. I don't use anything else on my leather surfaces. You can get Hide Care online at several places - here are a couple URL's:

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/cohicaco.html
http://www.autogeek.net/conhid.html

'73 TR6

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lexol has been around forever and is trusted by many, however, I don't particularly like the sort of waxy residue that it leaves behind...if you use it, use it SPARINGLY and buff it off quickly.

I, personally, like the Zaino line of leather products, especially the leather cleaner (it conditions too)--it has a consistency of water and spreads easily. Use a microfiber wax applicator, mist and go to work. If you use a cream-type conditioner, remember not to glob it onto the preforated leather portion of your seats...you'll have white polkadots all over the place (cream stuck inside holes)! Rub the cream into a microfiber with your hands and then apply lightly, buff after a few minutes or so. Some concours folks rub the stuff into their hands then apply with their hands, followed by a towel buff.

Aloha,
Keoni

NOTE: NEVER, NEVER, EVER USE SADDLE SOAP ON YOUR LEATHER CAR SEATS! That would be a big mistake! A lot of folks make this mistake, as it's an old rumor that the stuff is good for any kind of leather. WRONG!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I use the Meguairs leather cleaner/ conditioner when time is limited. it seems to work well with no side effects. I also tinted my windows to keep fading and heat down.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I like the Lexol leather conditioner and cleaner. I use the wipes as that way there is no chance to get the stuff stuck in the seat perforations. If you get the cream you must be extra careful as to how you apply it - if you put too much on, I can guarantee you you'll be trying to take it out of the holes for the next month.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I just got the 303 Cleaner and 303 Protectant. They both are recommended for leather as well as every surface in the vehicle except the glass...I'm trying it out this weekend. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tex's Ridge, I just got the 303 Cleaner and Protectant as well (purchased from autogeeks.com), but won't have time to use it for a few weeks. Please let us know what you think of 303 after applying it to your leather. I have used Lexol and other products in the past on leather interiors, and have never achieved the results I was anticipating. Direct sun and heat in the car's interior really is harsh on leather. Hoping 303 will work to protect and preserve the leather. ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
akatwn said:
Tex's Ridge, I just got the 303 Cleaner and Protectant as well (purchased from autogeeks.com), but won't have time to use it for a few weeks. Please let us know what you think of 303 after applying it to your leather. I have used Lexol and other products in the past on leather interiors, and have never achieved the results I was anticipating. Direct sun and heat in the car's interior really is harsh on leather. Hoping 303 will work to protect and preserve the leather. ;)
Will do...right now it is in the mid nineties!! This weekend is suppose to rain. But fancying the truck is top priority this weekend!! :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Personally, I don't like 303 on leather. For me, it's too shiny & slick and just doesn't last. I prefer a more matte product like Zaino Z-9 & Z-10. YMMV.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just used the 303 Protectant on the leather seat,dash and every thing else that was rubber or plastic. Seam to work really well on the the rubber gaskets around the doors. It was not to shinny on the dash either.

John

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Lexol Products. I have used the Pinnacle leather cleaner protectant in my RL. Seems to do a pretty good job. I like the spray better than the creame, because the creame has a tendency to get into the little holes in the seat, and it's a pain to try to get it out. I'm sure the spray stuff gets in there too, but it's not as visable.

Plus, I like the smell of the Pinnacle leather cleaners. It's got a nice clean leather smell to it. It's not too "fakey" and isn't overwhelming. It leaves a nice clean scent in the vehicle...kinda like the day you picked it up and drove it home.

·
Registered
306 Posts
cdepuydt said:
I don't have any experience with the Lexol Products. I have used the Pinnacle leather cleaner protectant in my RL. Seems to do a pretty good job. I like the spray better than the creame, because the creame has a tendency to get into the little holes in the seat, and it's a pain to try to get it out. I'm sure the spray stuff gets in there too, but it's not as visable.

Plus, I like the smell of the Pinnacle leather cleaners. It's got a nice clean leather smell to it. It's not too "fakey" and isn't overwhelming. It leaves a nice clean scent in the vehicle...kinda like the day you picked it up and drove it home.
Pinnacle... Can you get that anywhere? I have never looked for it, but I don't remember ever seeing it either... Has anyone used this to remove a stain?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Blue Magic Leather Cleaner, should be available at most autoparts stores. I get mine at AutoZone. This stuff is great, non-greasy/glossy and gets just about anything off. I also use it on my leather furniture in the house. They also sell a conditioner.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Pinnacle... Can you get that anywhere? I have never looked for it, but I don't remember ever seeing it either... Has anyone used this to remove a stain?
JH...sorry about this response being so slow....but if you do a search on Yahoo! or Google for "Auto Detailing: Pinnacle Leather Cleaner", you'll should get a whole bunch of websites that sell it. But, if you want to find out more about it, go to the Pinnacle home page at: www.pinnaclewax.com. They have all kinds of car care products. Very informative website.

Anyway, the Pinnacle Cleaner/Conditioner is a bit more expensive than some of the other stuff out there but, in my honest opinion, it is worth it!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
The 303 AEROSPACE PROTECTANT is the best stuff I ever used I got hooked on it about 6yrs ago. Many of the guys on a few of the ACURA TL forums use to rave about the 303. I was using the Lexol in my old Accord that had non factory leather seats that I had put in when it was new but I gave the 303 protectant a try in the ACURA when I found out about the product. It is the best stuff hands down to use. I have Ebony leather seats in my ACURA & the car is parked outside in the heat. The 303 works wonders for the inside of a car or truck. It has many useses other then seats & dash I do the door trim inside as well as the rubber door seals. I use this product on the sterring wheel & its not slipery. I picked up a new bottle of 303 protectant the day after we got the Ridgeline & did interior of the truck. I also got a bottle of the 303 High Tech Fabric Guard water repellent & did the carpets. This is the first time I have used the 303 Fabric Gaurd. but people without leather seats could use it on their cloth seats. The 303 is kinda costly I spent about $52.00 for the two 32 Oz bottles. I guess that comes out to about $25.00 for the protectant. You can buy it at Boat & RV places like West Marine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hear its also recommended to condition your leather seats when they are warm, like leave the RL in the sun for a bit or turn on the heater to warm them up, it will open up the 'pores' in the leather and it will absorb the conditioners better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use 303, good stuff. The websight has a lot of information, but it's also their website, so they try to sell you on it. I actually had it recommended to me by a friend of mine who uses it on his boats (3) the vinyl on the seats in all 3 boats is still as pliable as if it were new. I like the non greasy non sticky feel it left, even though it does make you slide around a bit. When applying it make sure you spray it on a cloth to do any area near a window or guage...that stuff is hell to get off! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts