Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep 2 car seats in my RTL full time. Anyone familiar with these things will know that to get them properly safed in you have to really mash down on the seat. I was thinking a putting something simple and inexpensive down over the leather so there are no permanent indentation marks left in the seats from the car seats. Does anyone have any recommendations or know of any products that will do the trick??

If I was more techinically saavy I would post a pic of the truck and my wee folk who travel with me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use a mat (if that is what you want to call it) on my seat and the Manufacturer (I think) is Munchkin. The only thing about mine is that it doesn't go all the way up the back but the bottom is really thick and does a fine job. There are products out there that protect all the way up, you can probably find them at Babies 'R' Us. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Been there.

We used an old blanket to cover the base of the seat and then cut to size a piece of cheap 1/4" camping sleep pad to take up some of the seat base outline. Then crank them down really tight to ensure your wee ones are secure.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I user a mat that I got at Babys R Us. It comes in tan or gray and is called a Seat Saver I think. It's heavy rubber...works great. we have 2 in each vehicle

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
With our two children we used a small throw rug (can be purchased to match interior) under the seat and up the back. They are a thicker weave than a towel and they only cost about ten bucks apiece. Best part about them is they were big enough so all the cheetos, cheerios, kool-aid, milk, and suckers fell onto the rugs instead of the seat. Once a week take 'em out and wash 'em. Worked great for my two (now ages 10 and 13).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Do you really need those mats? I just figured the seat/foam would return to shape after a while once the seat was out. Now you've all got me nervous.

·
Registered
492 Posts
hiPSI said:
With our two children we used a small throw rug (can be purchased to match interior) under the seat and up the back. They are a thicker weave than a towel and they only cost about ten bucks apiece. Best part about them is they were big enough so all the cheetos, cheerios, kool-aid, milk, and suckers fell onto the rugs instead of the seat. Once a week take 'em out and wash 'em. Worked great for my two (now ages 10 and 13).
I think I am offended by your signature quote.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Koopaindy said:
I keep 2 car seats in my RTL full time. Anyone familiar with these things will know that to get them properly safed in you have to really mash down on the seat. I was thinking a putting something simple and inexpensive down over the leather so there are no permanent indentation marks left in the seats from the car seats. Does anyone have any recommendations or know of any products that will do the trick??

If I was more techinically saavy I would post a pic of the truck and my wee folk who travel with me. :rolleyes:
I have the same problem..The only thing that will work is "Birth Control"..

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Wait a minute! Isn't that what we have the in-bed trunk for?

Ok, in really cold weather just put 'em in the rear under seat storage tray!

Just kidding... I like the one that Zero posed a link to. I think that I will order one for the Ridgeline and one for my wifes Accord. My wife's granddaughter (mine too - but I am too young to be a grandfather :rolleyes: ) has been known to spill stuff and, yes, the child seats are kind of hard on leather.
Great find! Thanks again!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've always used towels, but I am going to look at the product that Zero recommended.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive got to say I'm an old beach towel guy myself. I have a Two year old, and a 4 month old. Which means two car seats nearly full time. I just make sure that I fold the towel over at the top of the seatback in order to ensure that the tether strap does not pull the seat too far into the leather under the headrest. My seats are in great shape, and the towels are easily washed. Seems to be pretty cost effective too.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've been using a bedpillow stuffed up under the booster seat and it seems to relieve the pressure on the edges of the plastic seat against the upholstery. Sort of a "jury-rig" but seems to work well.

Koopaindy said:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
If you are talking about the item that goes on the back of the front seat to protect against feet/shoes, no I didn't. At least not yet . . .

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
zero said:
If you are talking about the item that goes on the back of the front seat to protect against feet/shoes, no I didn't. At least not yet . . .

Thanks, I ordered some this morning for our RL and Ody and one seat protector for each (older child is in smaller booster seat now, towel works fine for that...)

I'll let you know how it works out for each.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts