Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install an LED bar on their current model Ridgeline? I'm interested in seeing other owners pictures to give me some ideas (over the grille, behind the grille). Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed a 20” single row bar made by Black Oak. It’s the highest quality bar on the market. 11000 lumen and turns darkness into daylight

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
By putting that light bar there you risk the chance of having cooling issues with the transmission. If this is under warranty and you experience transmission issues your warranty will get voided. It's happened before.

Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
By putting that light bar there you risk the chance of having cooling issues with the transmission. If this is under warranty and you experience transmission issues your warranty will get voided. It's happened before.

Steve
I can appreciate your advice about the transmission.
If I did have a trans warranty issue due to lack of airflow,I would remove the light before taking it to the dealer.
I also plan on adding a Scanguage to monitor trans temp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With what product did you cover your front H emblem? Have you detected any affect on the collision mitigation system (if you have one) ?
Did you also change out the fog lights with LED's instead of the Halogen lights that come with the truck?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you also change out the fog lights with LED's instead of the Halogen lights that come with the truck?
Obviously I'm not the OP, but I swapped my fogs out for these ones from Philips and they are absolutely awesome.

I also swapped the high-beams with these and they even more awesome! Absolutely the brightest high-beams I have ever had, on any vehicle.

Keep in mind that even though these bulbs are from a very well-known company and I trust them, they are not technically road legal in the USA (not because they don't meet the specs - they do, but because DOT certification can be expensive and the market here isn't big enough for them to justify the cost of certification). They do have a perfect beam pattern and are worth the extra price.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Behind the grill and between the radiator is a vertical bar going perpendicular to the ground with pre drilled holes in it. I assume it’s for mounting the extra electronics that goes with the Honda safety stuff.

Anyways for me on my Rtl T. That bar is empty. It looks like a GREAT! Place to mount a bar without having to drill new holes. Anyone mounted one there already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Or is that alternator?

Eeeek just exposed my lack of mechanics/lack of sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 RTL-E
4 Posts
I think you’re talking about these holes. I couldn’t use this vertical bar because I needed a place for 2. Also the bar is a bit thin so I’m not sure how sturdy it would be for holding the weight. Mine is installed in lower grill, Diode Dynamics ss12. DD86570D-881C-4544-A874-A1A36B9F6839.jpeg 3040441E-71C8-4016-BA76-1E41A9F5D3DD.jpeg

·
Registered
118 Posts

Steve
Sorry, but you've made this trans overheating claim before - without proof. The light Bar install does not interfere with cooling the Transmission. I installed a 32 Inch curved light bar 2 years /23,000 miles ago.
32 Inch LightBar.JPG

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
Yes I have made that claim before. And the reason is because there's been several people who have had transmission issues and were denied warranty claims by Honda. They were posted on here and you need proof ? I'm not the proof provider. You want proof look them up yourself !

Steve

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes I have made that claim before. And the reason is because there's been several people who have had transmission issues and were denied warranty claims by Honda. They were posted on here and you need proof ? I'm not the proof provider. You want proof look them up yourself !

Steve
Ive tried looking, with successfully finding 1 ROC member talking about the dealership claiming the light bar was the cause for the transmission overheating. Dealerships will "claim" alot to not cover cases. So with the 1 member, I dont have much confidence about the claim.

I installed a light bar, but its above the windshield ( I can provide pictures if wanted). I had plans to install one similar to other member in this thread, but behind the grill. However, plans have recently changed, although there still will be one mounted in the front, I'm going a different route.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
Honda warranty statement for add ons.

Steve
PS Your truck, your money. Go for it.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Steve
I agree with you. So many people want to start changing things on their Ridgeline right after buying it. They should just wait for the warranty period to be over with and then go bonkers at their own expense.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can someone tell me when, where and how often these light bars get used?
I use the light bar instead of high beams, (when possible - so as not to blind oncoming traffic) on poorly lit city streets, parking lots, poorly lit freeway exits (and on jerks drivers that cut me off). The wide angle and bright illumination is extremely helpful. This video demo provides a decent idea of how much light the 32 inch grill installed light bar gives...

·
Registered
135 Posts
When I finally get one picked out...I'm leaning towards the DD, figure out where I want to mount it, and get it actually done...I'm going to tie it into the high beams.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Can someone tell me when, where and how often these light bars get used?
I primarily use my lights while on mountain roads, and fire access roads at night. I live in a rural area of Oregon, the extra light helps with the deer. Ive used them in the back country a few times while arriving at trailheads etc.

I decided to add light when driving to a trailhead in Idaho. There was a wildfire in the area, and all the deer and elk were spooked and running in the road. I had a handful or near misses. Since adding the lights, its saved me from a few deer and 1 bear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts