Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
My interior is grey and P/N 08E11-TG7-110A is a perfect match. Simple change.

I used a Positap to tap into the center console LED lead (switched 12V) and attached the ground to the exposed metal (just need to add a nut and bolt to an existing hole).

I also fabricated a connector that mates with the new Pilot LED connector using a standard 2.5mm pitch 2-pin connector - just had to trim the connector down a little with a knife (cut the "wings" and a lip off) and then pin friction holds in place.

View attachment 407128
Thanks for confirming SeattleR. Ordered the same part.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
723 Posts
Nice write up, but I have a 2021 model (Sport), and was wondering if the new Pilot console would work in it? I've also looked at Accentglow LED lighted discs that go into the cup holder themselves, and hard wired in. They look even easier to do, with just drilling one hole in each cupholder, but my reason for getting them is I need red light to match my truck. Any of you guys see/use these?

·
Registered
2020 Sport
19 Posts
Thanks @Lunarmonkey for the detailed writeup, you have posted a great deal of very useful instructions for all things electrical in the Ridge!

I am very interested in this upgrade, but seeing as I have a 2020 Sport I'd prefer if I could get the cupholder to light up red instead of blue. To anyone who has done this mod, do you know if there is an easy way to swap out the LED of the cupholder for a different color? Or am I better off saving ~$80 and living with my perfectly functional but non-lighted cupholders.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks @Lunarmonkey for the detailed writeup, you have posted a great deal of very useful instructions for all things electrical in the Ridge!

I am very interested in this upgrade, but seeing as I have a 2020 Sport I'd prefer if I could get the cupholder to light up red instead of blue. To anyone who has done this mod, do you know if there is an easy way to swap out the LED of the cupholder for a different color? Or am I better off saving ~$80 and living with my perfectly functional but non-lighted cupholders.
You can unsolder the led and replace with red, this is not easy though but doable and you'll have to hunt for the right led as well.

·
Registered
2020 Sport
19 Posts
You can unsolder the led and replace with red, this is not easy though but doable and you'll have to hunt for the right led as well.
Any idea what that "right LED" might be? If not, no worries. Just trying to gather as much information as possible before jumping in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any idea what that "right LED" might be? If not, no worries. Just trying to gather as much information as possible before jumping in.
you can refer to this thread if you want a different led color

·
Registered
2019 RTL awd
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
is an easy way to swap out the LED of the cupholder for a different color? Or am I better off saving ~$80 and living with my perfectly functional but non-lighted cupholders.
The factory LED module is removable. The one in the pilot kit is blue but if you wanted to stay with honda parts you could order a red one from a Black edition. Unfortunately honda wants a ton of money for just the LED. Thats why the kit was such a good deal.

If you check out the pictures in the first post you can see the factory LED with the red wires on its own removed from the console. It just snaps into the console with clips.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,029 Posts
The factory LED module is removable. The one in the pilot kit is blue but if you wanted to stay with honda parts you could order a red one from a Black edition. Unfortunately honda wants a ton of money for just the LED. Thats why the kit was such a good deal.

If you check out the pictures in the first post you can see the factory LED with the red wires on its own removed from the console. It just snaps into the console with clips.
View attachment 414665
Everyone seems to be looking for the elusive connector for the led cup holder lighting. I pulled off the led part and cannot find anything suitable to wire it up. The power is close by with lighting in the center console storage area. Can I simply slip some connectors over the two pins in the cupholder connector? Here is a picture of the connector in my 2021 RTL. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 RTL awd
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Can I simply slip some connectors over the two pins in the cupholder connector? Here is a picture of the connector in my 2021 RTL. Thank you.
Thats exactly how I did mine. I did the same thing for the turn signal LEDs in the mirrors. Both have been going strong with no issues. @Itz chucklez has some pictures of this in #10 post of this thread. Just make sure to insulate the pins somehow. Heat shrink tubing is how i did mine but liquid electrical tape would work well too, and help keep the pins secure.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
902 Posts
I used one of these connectors from Amazon ($8 for a large box). I had to trim off the wings and notches but they fit nice and snugly onto the Honda LED connector. Mine is just held in by friction, but you could also tape if you were concerned about them vibrating loose. Mine are still in place after a year.

·
Registered
2019 RTL awd
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Post 49 here:
Shows the connectors i made up for my mirrors. I filled the cavity in with silicone, because I didn't have any liquid electrical tape at the time. Getting to the mirror LED was a pain so I wanted to make sure those pins didn't move.

·
Registered
475 Posts
For reference for anyone searching for the connector, here are some pics of it. It is 7.5mm x 8.33mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
@Lunarmonkey What model year Pilot console did you order? I would assume 2019 but I hate to assume anything.

·
Registered
2019 RTL awd
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
@Lunarmonkey What model year Pilot console did you order? I would assume 2019 but I hate to assume anything.
When I looked it up originally it was the same part number for 17-19 pilots. On Bernardi's website it currently says fits 19-21 pilots. I'm guessing those are the ones that are pre-wired.

Here's the link 08E11-TG7-110A

·
Registered
788 Posts
When I looked it up originally it was the same part number for 17-19 pilots. On Bernardi's website it currently says fits 19-21 pilots. I'm guessing those are the ones that are pre-wired.

Here's the link 08E11-TG7-110A
Thanks. Just got it ordered. Bernardi has free shipping. College Hills Honda had it for $72 but wanted $22 to ship. I got it from Bernardi.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,029 Posts
I used one of these connectors from Amazon ($8 for a large box). I had to trim off the wings and notches but they fit nice and snugly onto the Honda LED connector. Mine is just held in by friction, but you could also tape if you were concerned about them vibrating loose. Mine are still in place after a year.
I got the blue lighting in my cupholders all wired up with help from forum members. Thank you.

·
Registered
2019 RTL awd
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Is this possible on a 2021?
The 9 speed transmission uses a different cupholder section due to the smaller hole needed for the button selector. There might be another part number that will work for the 2020+ but I don't believe this one will.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,029 Posts
I had to purchase the center console for the 2021 RTL-E or BE if you want the glossy black.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline EX-L
12 Posts
Hello, I have a 2021 EX-L (Canada) and I am thinking about adding the blue cup holder lights. In Canada, we have Sport, EX-L, Touring and Black Edition. The Sport and the EX-L don't have any ambient lighting. The Touring has Blue ambient lighting throughout the cabin (cup holders included) and the Black Edition has Red ambient lighting everywhere. Is this the same for the RTL-E and the Black Edition in the USA? RTL-E has blue, and Black Edition has Red? Does anyone know if the console is Gloss Black on the Touring in Canada? or is it only Gloss Black on the Black Edition? Really hoping its the same colour as my EX-L as I will just order the part from the Touring Model. Thanks!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts