Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While installing some Beamtech LEDs on my 2019 Sport, I noticed that the LED Eyebrow lights are already wired. I think the higher spec models have these for DRL instead of a dimmed high beam which I have in the Sport. My thinking is that there might be an easy way to activate this on the Sport. Maybe a missing fuse? Has anyone tried?

·
Registered
842 Posts
While installing some Beamtech LEDs on my 2019 Sport, I noticed that the LED Eyebrow lights are already wired. I think the higher spec models have these for DRL instead of a dimmed high beam which I have in the Sport. My thinking is that there might be an easy way to activate this on the Sport. Maybe a missing fuse? Has anyone tried?
How many wires did you see to the socket/plug? From what I recall it’s missing one wire that powers the LED eye brows. And we haven’t confirmed that Actual LED’s are build in already.

If they are pre-wire like you believe. All the guys that did the upgrade on the pilots/Ridgelines just for the LED eye brows have wasted a good chunk of change lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many wires did you see to the socket/plug? From what I recall it’s missing one wire that powers the LED eye brows. And we haven’t confirmed that Actual LED’s are build in already.

If they are pre-wire like you believe. All the guys that did the upgrade on the pilots/Ridgelines just for the LED eye brows have wasted a good chunk of change lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a red wire and a black wire. I pulled the connector and there are the same wires on the inside that must lead to something. There are only two wires that power the high beam/DRL.

Things you ponder when you have too much time on your hands.

·
Registered
842 Posts
There is a red wire and a black wire. I pulled the connector and there are the same wires on the inside that must lead to something. There are only two wires that power the high beam/DRL.

Things you ponder when you have too much time on your hands.
Must be nice to have free time lol enjoy it.

Here is a link of one of the upgrades, he noted that "gray and yellow wires are missing" from the base headlights. (Non LED)

here is the link to his build thread How to install the LED DRL 'swoosh' into non-equipped models

on that same thread their is a link and a reference to a plug and play wiring kit...but here is a post of the break down of that wire kit...not confirm or denied by the OP but my w.w.w. search only brings up that place for that kit and the wiring looks horrendous for the price they charge for it.

Headlight upgrade kit review

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just realized tonight that there are amber lights in the corners. That is the wiring I noticed. Oh well. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts