Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LED Fog Light Install

Remove this cover
Attention, in the close up pic of them, I actually had one clocked at an angle and if you look closely you can see it. When installing them be sure to insert them so the LEDs are shooting horizontally.
Fog light adjustment access hole. Use a #2 philips

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: LED Fog Light Install

looks great, where did u find the bulbs?
Also where exactly is that hole? cant make out a reference point in that photo :p

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is just the jogs and my OEM LED low beam.

In the one of the pics of the front I show stock VS LED.

I just bought PIAA and will show these VS Piaa in a new thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts

hey when installing the Extreemultinon LED-PHILIPS Xtreme Ultinon LED Fog Bulb fog valve H8/H11/H16 type 2700 K. where did you mount those resister boxes.?

·
Registered
33 Posts

For the fog lights, you don't have to remove the entire plastic piece. You can just undo a couple of screws/clips and put your hand through. This is how I did the fogs on mine. I guess if you're having to secure the extra length of wiring there, the room would be helpful. For just regular sized bulbs, it's not needed though.

Reactions: Max57

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

hey when installing the Extreemultinon LED-PHILIPS Xtreme Ultinon LED Fog Bulb fog valve H8/H11/H16 type 2700 K. where did you mount those resister boxes.?
Just zip tied them to a wire harness for the turn signals I believe.

For the PIAAs I used VHB 3M double stick tape. Be sure to clean both surfaces.

·
Registered
Silver 2020 RTL-E
112 Posts

Thanks for the thread with the detailed install. Those LED fogs look really sharp!

Without trying to hijack your thread, this seemed like the best place for my question after going through the G2 pages.

I like the look of the G1 Ridgelines that have the DRL's running through the fog light setup. While I have the LED DRL's on my RTL-T, I am trying to find out if there is a way to get it so when the running lights are on, the fog lights can be operated without having the low beams on. It's mainly just for show, I'm not interested in trying to get away with not using my headlights at night. I just think it looks nice with just the fogs on without the low beams.

Sorry if this affects your thread. I can start a new one if you would prefer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Its cool. Its fog light install related and not some opinionated argument.

So, here is the issue with that. The fog lights have a relay under the hood. I tried to do the same thing and found that the controlling of the lights in not at the relay but internal to the switch itself. So its actually in the stalk. If it was in the relay it could be changed. The only other way to do it is to run a separate switch. That would be easy. You could just tap into the fog light wire in the steering column and then wire a switch to chassis ground. Switch off - fog lights as normal. Switch ON- well they're on no matter what. That would work just sucks that you have to add a switch.

I talked about this in another post. To be more specific, a relay has 4, um Inputs /out puts. On this rig there is 12v constant powering one side of the coil (switching of the relay)and the other is a ground from the switch. The there is 12v constant for the lights. The ground signal disappears when you go to high beam and isn't available till the lights are on. since its just this one signal were hosed. If the relay used the 12V signal from the headlamps as a trigger or power then that could be changed to 12V constant or parking lights. Since its just the ground from the stalk and thats being done internally its most likely not able to be changed even if you tore teh switch apart.

·
Registered
Silver 2020 RTL-E
112 Posts

Its cool. Its fog light install related and not some opinionated argument.

So, here is the issue with that. The fog lights have a relay under the hood. I tried to do the same thing and found that the controlling of the lights in not at the relay but internal to the switch itself. So its actually in the stalk. If it was in the relay it could be changed. The only other way to do it is to run a separate switch. That would be easy. You could just tap into the fog light wire in the steering column and then wire a switch to chassis ground. Switch off - fog lights as normal. Switch ON- well they're on no matter what. That would work just sucks that you have to add a switch.

I talked about this in another post. To be more specific, a relay has 4, um Inputs /out puts. On this rig there is 12v constant powering one side of the coil (switching of the relay)and the other is a ground from the switch. The there is 12v constant for the lights. The ground signal disappears when you go to high beam and isn't available till the lights are on. since its just this one signal were hosed. If the relay used the 12V signal from the headlamps as a trigger or power then that could be changed to 12V constant or parking lights. Since its just the ground from the stalk and thats being done internally its most likely not able to be changed even if you tore teh switch apart.
Thank you for the information! I'm not as knowledgeable with car electric components so I try not to mess with anything unless I have a solid set of instructions by someone that has done the exact same thing before. I don't think I want to add another switch to the truck right now as I've only had it for 3 months. Maybe when I have a little more of it paid off and I'm sure it is going to last me a long time.

I appreciate your help with the matter.

·
Registered
461 Posts
For those with LED headlights, the fog lights look really out of place being they are halogen and the color is way off. Has anyone installed LED replacement bulbs for the fog lights and if so is there an issue with a burned out bulb warning on the dash.

Reactions: Max57

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have installed LED fog lights and high beams. No warning lights so far. Also installed LED backup lights. Love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have installed yellow LED fog lights and have no issues with them at all. No lights on the dash, no nothing. All is well on the dashboard of my RL haha.

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have installed yellow LED fog lights and have no issues with them at all. No lights on the dash, no nothing. All is well on the dashboard of my RL haha.
I used the same ones as Dman yesterday (Calais off of Amazon). $20, and so worth it. No issues.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts