Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm still running stock bulbs, but they look interesting.
If you purchase and install, let us know how they are.
I wouldn't be against trying LEDs, but have no desire to try HIDs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've been down the HID road before. Not a fan. Only thing I've heard about LED headlights is you may need to adjust the light assembly down a touch.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Good to know.
I would check before and after install though.
Change them out where you could mark a wall then verify after replacement without moving so you could adjust them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Gonna post up pics from both manuals on headlight adjustment since we're on the subject.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
They do hi and low.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,046 Posts
Pretty expensive for what they are, but nice to know you'll never have to replace bulbs again. How is the light output? What color are they? 4300k, 5000k, 6000k?

·
Registered
164 Posts
They don't state but I'd say 6000K

·
Registered
998 Posts
I installed PIA Extremes. In all frt lights. Not cheap around eighty bucks for each pair. Very happy with light output. Also rewired fogs to come on w/running lights. Stay on w/high beams, and fills the frt of truck on dark roads.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
998 Posts
Pretty expensive for what they are, but nice to know you'll never have to replace bulbs again. How is the light output? What color are they? 4300k, 5000k, 6000k?
I installed PIA Extremes. In all frt lights. Not cheap around eighty bucks for each pair. Very happy with light output. Also rewired fogs to come on w/running lights. Stay on w/high ears, and fills the frt of truck on dark roads.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I just purchased a LED headlight kit and I am having issues with installing them because of the dust cover and the fan located on the light. Anyone have any suggestions? The cover will not go over the fan.

·
Registered
998 Posts
To Ian RTL, color 6000. I'd have to look at package to find Lumens

On the install of the above lights
Try putting the dust cover on the bulb then try to install the bulb

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yea try placing the cover over the diode and hold it back. Can you get the clip on and slide the cover in place?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those look very similiar to the ones i put in a few weeks back from OPT7, same heatsink and led driver. The OPT7 were able to come apart in the middle between the heatsink and the metal ring that has the 3 tabs to keep the bulb aligned. DOing this let you mount the metal 3 tab'd mount portion like normal, then but on the dust boot, then insert the led connected to the heatsink thru and it locked in. Worked really well and didn't interfere with airflow/fan operation. Loving the bulbs so far.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I ditched my HID's for some sylvania ZXE bulbs. Much better. HID/LED in halogen housings don't work well compared to halogens. The light is to scattered to be very crisp. I have much more usable light using the bright halogens. They might not last long cause they burn hotter but visibility is key.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,046 Posts
I ditched my HID's for some sylvania ZXE bulbs. Much better. HID/LED in halogen housings don't work well compared to halogens. The light is to scattered to be very crisp. I have much more usable light using the bright halogens. They might not last long cause they burn hotter but visibility is key.
That's certainly a good point. The LED output and longevity is great, but the housings are designed to reflect the output of a halogen bulb. For about $15 on Amazon, I can get a pair of the GE Nighthawk Sport bulbs I'm using. The light output and color are great. I've been running the same set for over two years now and they're still very bright. Nonetheless, everything is going to have different opinions and preferences for lighting.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts