Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this post has been made but I am looking for recommendations for LED headlight bulbs that will fit my 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL. The last ones I bought would not fit since the rubber dust boot won’t fit over the cooling FAN of the LED bulb.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
These bulbs are not the easiest to install but I use xenon depot but I believe diode dynamics have them as well. They usually all have a tiny set screw that removes the cooling fins/fan to slide the boot over. Getting the little wire that holds the bulb in can be tricky.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Sorry if this post has been made but I am looking for recommendations for LED headlight bulbs that will fit my 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL. The last ones I bought would not fit since the rubber dust boot won’t fit over the cooling FAN of the LED bulb.
Take a look at our Xtreme Pro H4 LED Kit for your 2009 Ridgeline.

Here's a LED Install guide from an FJ Cruiser on how they can be installed with the rubber dust cover:

Danny

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,693 Posts
You have been here for a while on ROC, next time please use the search. Your inquiry is like the 10th one I have come across in 4 weeks.
My advise though, do not skimp out on the bulbs. LED bulbs are not the greatest fit and do have a lot of scatter. Unlike the G2 blessed with a projector, our G1 was awful with halogens and they are even worse with brighter and/or ill fitting bulbs. You will be paying upwards of $150 for a decent pair of LED bulbs. I am speaking with experience and I wish I had not wasted my money on them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Universal dust covers on ebay can be tailored to work as I did. Only 6$ shipped. If you do get LED's get 2 sided with low bean deflectors not the 3 sided with one independent LED for high beam. The 3 sided have major scatter vs 2 sided.

DDM 55w H4(hi-lo) Hid kits go for 65$ with lifetime warranty, been running them in all my cars minus my RL that came with Auxbeam two side LED's, just my 0.02.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You have been here for a while on ROC, next time please use the search. Your inquiry is like the 10th one I have come across in 4 weeks.
My advise though, do not skimp out on the bulbs. LED bulbs are not the greatest fit and do have a lot of scatter. Unlike the G2 blessed with a projector, our G1 was awful with halogens and they are even worse with brighter and/or ill fitting bulbs. You will be paying upwards of $150 for a decent pair of LED bulbs. I am speaking with experience and I wish I had not wasted my money on them.
What he said on buying a decent pair ^^

I tried to skimp and bought a couple of sets of cheap ones from ebay. They projected all over the place and had weird issues with high beam and low beam reversed with both sets. Although they were much brighter, I went back to halogens so I dont have to worry about these on long trips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.