Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I added some to my 2013 Ridgeline Sport yesterday 03/12/2018. I purchased "H4 12953BWX2 Philips X-treme Ultinon LED Bulb" from xenondepot.com for about $220 USD. XenonDepot.com is in Canada, but I received the lights in Georgia in about 3 days. Also, they were more expensive on Amazon. They are super cool and awesome bright with a 3 year warranty from Philips.

They were really easy to install, but they do require some sort of LED driver. The driver box for each headlight is included in the kit. I drilled small holes in the plastic shroud just to the left of the hood stand pole and to the right of where the battery ground is connected. There is a plastic shroud that runs the width of the engine compartment. There is metal frame behind that. So, I carefully drilled just through the plastic shroud and used the included nylon zip ties to fix the controller to the truck.

I really like them. Total installation time was about 30 minutes.

**Warning** You will now want to spend hundreds of extra dollars to upgrade all your light to LEDs, 'cause these are sooooooo cool!

·
Premium Member
2,834 Posts
I added some to my 2013 Ridgeline Sport yesterday 03/12/2018. I purchased "H4 12953BWX2 Philips X-treme Ultinon LED Bulb" from xenondepot.com for about $220 USD. XenonDepot.com is in Canada, but I received the lights in Georgia in about 3 days. Also, they were more expensive on Amazon. They are super cool and awesome bright with a 3 year warranty from Philips.

They were really easy to install, but they do require some sort of LED driver. The driver box for each headlight is included in the kit. I drilled small holes in the plastic shroud just to the left of the hood stand pole and to the right of where the battery ground is connected. There is a plastic shroud that runs the width of the engine compartment. There is metal frame behind that. So, I carefully drilled just through the plastic shroud and used the included nylon zip ties to fix the controller to the truck.

I really like them. Total installation time was about 30 minutes.

**Warning** You will now want to spend hundreds of extra dollars to upgrade all your light to LEDs, 'cause these are sooooooo cool!
2Gs have a separate High Beams, unlike the G1. BTW, on Amazon, the Philips H4 LED is advertised for $181.00

·
Registered
32 Posts
I added Hikari's with the Philips Chips. I have a RTL-T, so I have the LED "swoosh" DRLs. I put them in LB & HB. I love the LBs. But the HBs cause so much glare off of the Road signs that it's almost unbearable. Granted I have light sensitive eyes. I even rotated them 180 degrees which helped but the signs are still bright as hell on a dark 2 lane road. I'm thinking of switching back to the halogens in the HBs just to see which is better. Also I reaimed the housings to factory specs after installing them. The aim was way too low.

HB -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077B7GJ5J/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LB -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077BT6M6Z/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
265 Posts
Have an RTL - bought the JDM astar high beam 9005 LED kit - love it and they do dim as DRLs with no flickering. I had to get the high beams as I replaced the lows with GTR ultra series LEDs - love them as well - huge difference over stock. I also replaced the fogs with piaa halogen yellow bulbs. Spent close to $300 to upgrade unacceptable factory lighting to something that's much better - worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
Have an RTL - bought the JDM astar high beam 9005 LED kit - love it and they do dim as DRLs with no flickering. I had to get the high beams as I replaced the lows with GTR ultra series LEDs - love them as well - huge difference over stock. I also replaced the fogs with piaa halogen yellow bulbs. Spent close to $300 to upgrade unacceptable factory lighting to something that's much better - worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I wonder are there any issues with bulb life if not running at the normal power or it doesn’t make a difference being a LED.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Anyone add LED high beams? If so what brand and how do you like them.
I bought the PIAA LED high beams. They are super bright and they are not cheap. I am very happy with them, but I also added RIGID Spectre LED lights for the bull bar that are hooked up to the high beams. They go on with the HIGH beams and they have been known to light small bushes and little bunnies on fire.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anyone add LED high beams? If so what brand and how do you like them.
I put these in my Ridge RTL-E:

http://a.co/ijhraJq

$60

They are super bright and white. It lights up front ground really well. However, their projection distance is not very far. I would say it's about same as halogen highbeams. Still a significant upgrade from OE highbeams.

I put these on my Pilot:

9005 LED Headlight Kit | 9005 LED high beam Upgrade

They are not as bright as Zdatt 9005 and not as white. It projects similar to Zdatt. It's better than halogen highbeams.

cost: $100 (on sale)

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Nothing quite so sad to see as a G2 running down the road with LED low beams and filament fog lights.

(I really need to buy me some LED fog lights)

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Don’t know why they would, the low beams are LED on the RTL-E already.

That being said, I get almost as many high-beam flashes from oncoming drivers in the G2 as I did in the G1. Not sure why...

I want LED fog lights but unsure if they will blind oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don’t know why they would, the low beams are LED on the RTL-E already.

That being said, I get almost as many high-beam flashes from oncoming drivers in the G2 as I did in the G1. Not sure why...
LED low beams have clear cut off line while fog lights don't have that. I only got flashed a couple of times in the past four months.

This is what I do to avoid getting flashes: if there is no car in front of me in either direction, I put high beams on even I may not need them (roads have street lights). When there are cars coming from distance, I then turn off high beams. This turn off action tells the other driver that I just turned off high beams and am using low beams.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
I use auto beams, which do what you are talking about. Still get flashed many times.

LED low beams have clear cut off line while fog lights don't have that. I only got flashed a couple of times in the past four months.

This is what I do to avoid getting flashes: if there is no car in front of me in either direction, I put high beams on even I may not need them (roads have street lights). When there are cars coming from distance, I then turn off high beams. This turn off action tells the other driver that I just turned off high beams and am using low beams.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I use auto beams, which do what you are talking about. Still get flashed many times.
Get a pair of super bright LED high beams. They will know the difference when you switch from high beams to low beams.

I use auto high beams too but I found it's too sensitive and turns off high beams too soon.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts