Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I noticed that the LED indicator light on my Cruise Control Button was not on. The Cruise Control was activated and working, but the LED was not on.

Tried to do a search here, but "LED" is too short for the search routine, and did not find anything similar on "light".

Has anyone else run into this issue?

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
DoctorJ said:
I don't recall anyone with the same problem. However if its an LED then its unlikely it burned out and it may just be a loose wire on the switch.
I agree since the life expectancy of a LED is near forever.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I probably should have mentioned that I am an Electrical Engineer, and that much of my career has been in Reliability Engineering and Failure Analysis Engineering.

I fully agree with the comment on the expected life of a LED. Not knowing the exact sytle utilized, I can only make a "guess-timate" (based on experience) of the probability the LED actually failed of ~0.2%.

Was curious if anyone else had this happen.

·
Registered
774 Posts
No issues here and I keep the button on whenever I'm driving. It's not in the easiest access position so why even turn it off?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Dnucci said:
I probably should have mentioned that I am an Electrical Engineer, and that much of my career has been in Reliability Engineering and Failure Analysis Engineering.

I fully agree with the comment on the expected life of a LED. Not knowing the exact sytle utilized, I can only make a "guess-timate" (based on experience) of the probability the LED actually failed of ~0.2%.

As another EE, I agree.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Last night I noticed that the LED indicator light on my Cruise Control Button was not on. The Cruise Control was activated and working, but the LED was not on.

Tried to do a search here, but "LED" is too short for the search routine, and did not find anything similar on "light".

Has anyone else run into this issue?
Yes, I too noticed that the green light on my cruise control switch is no longer working, along with a few other accessory lights. Im trying to troubleshoot the problem with no good results.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
And hence the problem when too many electrical engineers group into one solidarity movement and decide unanimously on a final verdict. :p

Unfortunately, it takes a mechanical engineer to explain to you guys that by simply removing the switch (both a mechanical as well as an electrical action), the light bulb can be replaced for under $5.00. ;) :D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I had a cruise control light bulb burn out when the RL was about a year old. But being just an M.E., I had it replaced under warranty when I was at the dealer for an oil change. :D

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
It wouldn't bother me if mine was to burn out. Too bright at night. A piece of tape solves the problem.

·
Administrator
16,043 Posts
It's an incandescent light bulb rather than an LED. So far, all my lights still work at 10,000 miles, but my buddy's 30K-mile '06 has bulbs burned out for VTM-4, SELECT, RESET, and DOOR switches. (Those are just the ones I've noticed - there may be more). I'll be glad when incandescents are gone from the automotive industry!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts